Vince @ l&s for tuning?

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
Long story short, had Patrick @ psi tune my truck. Still having some det. and drivabilty issues. He was a very stand up guy and told me to bring it back and he'd take care of it. It's my dd and driving 5hrs to Houston, hotel for a few nights, gas, etc, etc... I just cant find the time or extra $$$. I've heard good things about l&s and it would be much easier to deal with a local. So what are your expereinces? Also, anyone else in LA that you've had good experience with please chime in. Thanks, Ryan.

Last edited:

YELLOWDEADLY

Established Member
Ryan i had my car tuned by them and they did a great job found out i had a bad spark plug that another shop couldnt find car was running very rich and they leaned her out an car ran perfect.

fasterandfaster

La lightning,
Sorry, I was out sick running a fever Monday. today was Mardi-Gras and we were closed.
Call me tomorrow, 225-756-8488 and I will get you in the shop asap.
OR send over your number and I will call you.
my email is
[email protected]
Before I tune anyones vehicle, a very thorough diagnostic test is run to find and sort out any issues or potential issues.
What I find most common is, tunes are being done without good testing.
The tune is then taylored to correct or hide this issue, which in turn leads to further problems as things progress.
I am not saying this is your case, its just what I find over and over , time after time.
A tuner must be a "Mechanic" before he can tune.
Again, I am not singling out your previous tuner, this is just a blanket statement that I point out over and over because it happens all to often.

If you are in Mandeville, it makes it that much easier. Anyone that comes from out of town is allowed to "Hang out" and watch me. I teach you things that tuners should teach their customers to warn off potential problems in the future.
Send me an email with your specifics of engine, tranny, mods, and other necessary information so we can get your DD fixed.
ENJOY!

Vince

E3GT

Established Member
Ryan...I have known Vince for a while now as he was referred to me from a friend and another one of his satisfied customer. He is very knowledgable in the tuning dept and stands behind his work. He is not someone that is "new" to the scene and has years of experience in the tuning dept...I am glad I chose his shop to take care of my rebuild/install/tune. Everyone at L&S is great...You won't be disappointed once you talk to Vince and let him explain to you the way he does business!
:burnout:

ZEM'S04 L

Established Member
Ryan, I too am tuned by Vince at L&S. He is a great guy to deal with, honest and won't mislead you with any information. It took me months to figure out who I was going to take my truck to for the tuning and I am glad I decided upon Vince. Not only is L&S taking care of my tuning they also did some mechanical work. Top notch service that I can assure you you will not find anywhere else.

buckshot

Ryan,

I would go with Vince for your tuning and any other work you may need. I live in slidell and don't mind making the hour and half one way trip to his shop because it is worth it. I never have to worry that the job at hand will not get done correctly. The guy really knows his stuff. you won't regret going to him.:rockon:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Vince, I'm pricing currently. Will need an SCT3 and custom tune for my 99. will have 90mm, longtubes, no cats, stage 4 steig, and a 2.76 upper only. Pm me details on pricing please.

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Vince,

Wonder if we are still game for what we talked about?? Switched jobs, then layed off, and now I am back to normal again. Let me know...I am off every other Friday and this coming Friday I am off.

To the original Poster........Vince is a stand up guy and will go beyond to satisfy.

Later

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Vince, Strange question.

My boss has a old Porsche 928s and wants a tune. lol
Figured you probably wouldn't but may know who can or does?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
a guy i know had his motor installed and vortech tuned at l&s and vince did everything he could to get that setup to work and he did from what I recall. I remember the guy i know telling us how much overtime vince put in on his car, vince knows his stuff, definitely a good tuner

fasterandfaster

STAMPEDE3,

Actually I have done several Porsche'. If its the old school mechanical injection, it gets pretty finicky, but do-able.
Obviously I do not have software to tune Porsche, [ I can diagnose it ] but if your Boss has something for me to work with then tell him to call me.
Is it all stock ? or modded out ?
Most of the time on older Porsche, is simply that no one has set it up correctly, and it is in much need of maintenance and repairs, only to get things working as they were intended to.

Either way, tell him to call or shoot an email!

vince

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
heard good things about vince at l&s from locals, but haven't had the privilege of meeting him yet. had my n/a and nitrous tunes done by stang-hi and they were to perfection. most recently i turbo'd my car and had tons of advise and tuning by total performance solutions. wes tuned my turbo set-up to perfection as well, and exactly where i wanted it to be. i would say any of these guys can take care of you with no problem. in my opinion, we're lucky to have this many options here locally!

Users who are viewing this thread