Viewing a thread without clicking on it....

weeztones

Established Member
I am a member at a couple other car froums, and one attribute that I have found to be extremely helpful is this thing which I believe is called thread preview. What it does is allow a box to pup-up when you leave your mouse on the thread subject. This box displays the first couple of sentences in that thread so you can decide whether or not you want to open up the entire thread. If you want to take a look at this feature, visit www.eclipseforums.org and open up any main forum like general discussion and just leave your mouse on a thread for a couple of seconds. Thanks for your time, Later

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I think it would be a bad feature, you know some of our users tend to be the more "down home type" and they probably would think it was some sort of voodo or witchcraft :burn: :D

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
I think it would be a bad feature, you know some of our users tend to be the more "down home type" and they probably would think it was some sort of voodo or witchcraft :burn: :D

You're kidding, right? If people can't figure out what a pop-up is, they are going to have some SERIOUS problems on most modern applications. I think it would be a great addition. It's the best part of the enemy board (LS1.com)....Well, that, and the GREAT smileys :)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
You're kidding, right? If people can't figure out what a pop-up is, they are going to have some SERIOUS problems on most modern applications. I think it would be a great addition. It's the best part of the enemy board (LS1.com)....Well, that, and the GREAT smileys :)
Yeah Im kidding :D :D :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
heheh I just read your background on yourself, sounds very similar to mine.

I started with a Apple 2+ but then I soon had a commodore 64, IBM PCjr, then a AT 286-12mhz. I played might and magic for hours and hours on the C-64 with is 2 bit sound :D then I got the 10mb hard drive for it and a modem and started my own lil bbs, the 286 was where I really got into bbs, man those were the times, I wa cruising on a bad-ass 1200 baud modem then. M y first real machine was a 386-16mhz IBM Server with 32-bit micro-channel a whopping 4mb RAM and a monsterous 40mb drive, from there I plunged head-long into the PC's having up to 40 machines at one time, I popped on the internet the first time in late '94 on a 486-DX 33 Compaq Prolinea, with a brand spanking new 14.4.

Your current machines are pretty mean, wish I had 600gb of storage. I currenty have a XP 2000+ 768mb DDR 2100 RAM, 80gb WD800bb, 20gb Maxtor 7200 ATA-100 (slow as mud), a XP 2100+ in the process of being built with a Gigabyte board and a VIA KT333 chipset, the 2000+ is a gigabyte board with a KT400 chipset, a P3 600 server in the process of being built will have Windows 2000 Advanced Server, has 512mb PC 133, and a 40gb maxtor 7200 RPM ata-100 drive (once again puke but it was cheap) and a Celeron 400 machine with 256mb RAM and a 40gb WD 7200 drive, A Powerbook 3400c 200mhz with 48mb RAM and a 2gb hard drive and a Powermac 6500/250 with 80mb RAM (dumb macs :D ) and a 4gb drive.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
heheh I just read your background on yourself, sounds very similar to mine.

I started with a Apple 2+ but then I soon had a commodore 64, IBM PCjr, then a AT 286-12mhz. I played might and magic for hours and hours on the C-64 with is 2 bit sound :D then I got the 10mb hard drive for it and a modem and started my own lil bbs, the 286 was where I really got into bbs, man those were the times, I wa cruising on a bad-ass 1200 baud modem then. M y first real machine was a 386-16mhz IBM Server with 32-bit micro-channel a whopping 4mb RAM and a monsterous 40mb drive, from there I plunged head-long into the PC's having up to 40 machines at one time, I popped on the internet the first time in late '94 on a 486-DX 33 Compaq Prolinea, with a brand spanking new 14.4.

Your current machines are pretty mean, wish I had 600gb of storage. I currenty have a XP 2000+ 768mb DDR 2100 RAM, 80gb WD800bb, 20gb Maxtor 7200 ATA-100 (slow as mud), a XP 2100+ in the process of being built with a Gigabyte board and a VIA KT333 chipset, the 2000+ is a gigabyte board with a KT400 chipset, a P3 600 server in the process of being built will have Windows 2000 Advanced Server, has 512mb PC 133, and a 40gb maxtor 7200 RPM ata-100 drive (once again puke but it was cheap) and a Celeron 400 machine with 256mb RAM and a 40gb WD 7200 drive, A Powerbook 3400c 200mhz with 48mb RAM and a 2gb hard drive and a Powermac 6500/250 with 80mb RAM (dumb macs :D ) and a 4gb drive.

Wow, that brings back LOTS of memorys...MIght and Magic, I'd hate to know how long I spent swapping disks on the C-64 with that one, along with The Bard's Tale, Phantasie, Auto Duel, and Omega (and prolly 5000 others I don't remember). Those were the days. And BBS'es, oh....I used to be a hard core BBSer. Ran a BBS on one of my PC's until like '96. "The Devil's Playground" was the name. I spent more time on ASCII art for that thing than I even want to remember.

As for my current boxes, I had a bitch of a time getting the big box up. WAY too much high-end crap in one box...The High end sound cards wanted to conflict with themselves and everything else....I finally got it to quit bombing when I tried to write music, and now it's looking like my 1400 is taking a crap on me....Oh, well, such is the way of hot rods :)

Users who are viewing this thread