Video transfering

Venomized281

Established Member
I've noticed that some videos look clear and others aren't. Do they transfer the videos from the tape to digital to have it clear? Or are they using an expensive memory card?

I've noticed this on mine. I recorded some races onto the memory card and the quality is so-so. Then I see these others that look as if they took off the tape and uploaded it onto the computer.:shrug:

Thanks

Venomized281

Established Member
Ah, okay. Well, I have a Sony Mini DV TRV22 and was wondering if I could transfer the stuff from the tape, onto the computer.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Bitrate values for the encoding process play a big part of quality also. You could have the best camcorder and capture device money can buy, but if you encode it with a low bitrate it's going to look realy crappy and the audio will sound very raspy. The higher the bitrate the better it will look and sound.. but it will also be bigger in size.

TnPaulMan

Banned
He is talking about size on the computer. ie, the same video could be 5 megs or 500 megs, the 500meg being the best looking. The more bitrate the merrier, but at a cost to harddrive space.

Paul

Venomized281

Established Member
Ah, okay. I just made a video and the quality's better than my last one. It's 23 megs. which isn't too bad for a 4 min. 30 somethin' sec. movie. I'm still going to check into that Dazzle software WireEater mentioned.

Thanks again, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread