Video of my 2 mile autocross track day

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Potenza SO2 tires helped keep the 502rwhp planted.

I had my GoPro mounted in the back window. The pictures along with the video footage of me going down the track (outside the car) are courtesy of my wife using her pink Samsung to capture video and our DSLR to capture a few shots.

This was my first road course track day. Four 20 minute sessions. Summit Point WV.

A few passes

[youtube_browser]UGzpsa7m2Zw[/youtube_browser]

A few unedited laps (if you want to see action with other cars, start it at around 3:45 with Camaro SS and Corvette action :) )

[youtube_browser]uXF8NYx_YCY[/youtube_browser]

Waiving to the Camaro SS I passed (I passed that vette in front of me in turn 9 on the same lap)
5c690645.jpg

Every car you see in this photo was in my group (I was the only Ford)
686d23b6.jpg

Porsches in the carousel
92a095b5.jpg

Last edited:

ItsReal93

Established Member
Hmmm videos look familiar! Seriously...you kicked ass :) nothing new though. Anddddd your car is bad ass.

Last edited:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Awesome video man

Thanks!

NICE! Any suspension mods done to the car?

Yes, the Roush suspension made a WORLD of difference on the turns.

Roush spec:
Bilstein shocks
Springs
Lower control arms
Front and rear antiroll bars

The review of the setup back in 2001 was, "1.0 g in lateral acceleration, according to Roush. To put that into perspective, consider that this is a level of grip that supercars, such as a Porsche 911 Turbo, exhibit."

I also have Brembo 4 piston calipers with 13in slotted rotors up front. This is not the Roush option brakes but they are the exact brakes found on the 2000 Cobra R. I owe it to Bill at CJ Pony Parts for installing the front brakes just in time for the event. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread