Video of a SICK M6 (getting spanked)

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/stripedelete/?action=view&current=100_2634.flv
Excuse the poor video quality if my video link will even work.
The M6 was bad-ass, all blacked out with exhaust and a chip. The guys has been talking around town about how fast it was and somehow we called each other out and got to line them up last night at the local 1/8m.
I ran a 7.66 (on nittos) and he only ran a 8.6x (on huge street tires)
He had a couple of low 8.xx runs before we lined up but to be modified M6 it just wasnt all that. I expected more from even a stock M6 and he did too because he caught alot of hell from everyone (not me) and got the heck out of town soon after we ran.:burnout:

Still a totally bad-ass car and for 120K it should be.:beer:

Kinda funny how bad his wheel hop was even on this high end car.:shrug:

primetime

Established Member
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/stripedelete/?action=view&current=100_2634.flv
Excuse the poor video quality if my video link will even work.
The M6 was bad-ass, all blacked out with exhaust and a chip. The guys has been talking around town about how fast it was and somehow we called each other out and got to line them up last night at the local 1/8m.
I ran a 7.66 (on nittos) and he only ran a 8.6x (on huge street tires)
He had a couple of low 8.xx runs before we lined up but to be modified M6 it just wasnt all that. I expected more from even a stock M6 and he did too because he caught alot of hell from everyone (not me) and got the heck out of town soon after we ran.:burnout:

Still a totally bad-ass car and for 120K it should be.:beer:

Kinda funny how bad his wheel hop was even on this high end car.:shrug:

Nice kill. However, he should be running much better than 8.6 1/8ths. I ran a stock one at the track and he ran a 12.6x, in good air. Don't remember his 1/8th and I am in the office so I don't have the slip but I know it was better than 8.6. They are more top end cars also. Oh and they don't cost 120K. They can be had around here for 105-110K around here which is still a lot of coin. Again, nice kill! later Ron

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
That guy needs the NOS mod. No, not nitrous oxide, NOS energy drink. He was asleep at the line.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
I think he would have caught you around 120-130 for sure ;) You can't fight air dynamics.
There was a video of an 06 or 07 z06 running a modified M6. The BMW caught the guy and passed him real good around 130

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Wow Nice Launch!! Ya The Previous Poster Is Right Those Car Are Highway Monsters, But Great Run.... Way To Get Outa The Hole.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Nice kill. However, he should be running much better than 8.6 1/8ths. I ran a stock one at the track and he ran a 12.6x, in good air. Don't remember his 1/8th and I am in the office so I don't have the slip but I know it was better than 8.6. They are more top end cars also. Oh and they don't cost 120K. They can be had around here for 105-110K around here which is still a lot of coin. Again, nice kill! later Ron

As I said he ran a couple of low 8s. I think 8.1X was his best which would prob be a little lower than a 12.6. This run against me was his worse run out of about four total but this was the only time we could get lined up. Pity

He paid 100K and spent 20K on the car in bling, exhaust and whatever he had done to the motor. I think just a chip but it was all top secret and I really didnt give a sh!t. The way this car was hyped I thought it was going to turboed, sprayed or something. :shrug:

He had the whole car blacked out including the M logos. Now thats balls.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I think he would have caught you around 120-130 for sure ;) You can't fight air dynamics.
There was a video of an 06 or 07 z06 running a modified M6. The BMW caught the guy and passed him real good around 130

No way in F-ing hell would this car have walked me down. Sorry

That BMW musta had something else done under the hood cause a new Z06 would have eaten this car alive.

Still have not been able to line up with a Z06 yet, only reg C6s.:bored:
That day will come.:rockon:

Last edited:

primetime

Established Member
As I said he ran a couple of low 8s. I think 8.1X was his best which would prob be a little lower than a 12.6. This run against me was his worse run out of about four total but this was the only time we could get lined up. Pity

He paid 100K and spent 20K on the car in bling, exhaust and whatever he had done to the motor. I think just a chip but it was all top secret and I really didnt give a sh!t. The way this car was hyped I thought it was going to turboed, sprayed or something. :shrug:

He had the whole car blacked out including the M logos. Now thats balls.

:thumbsup:

Fastfords

Established Member

:bs:At what point is a M6 going to run down and pass a pullied GT500???? That aerodynamic thing is bs. People are always saying a Lightning has lousy aerodynamics and I am sure there are many race losers that would argue that point with you. I don't see the aero of a M6 being that much better than a GT500. I can see a stock Shelby getting run down but not a pullied one. As for the Z06, I highly doubt it. Those cars are monsters above 130. Dead even with a Porsche turbo until then and its bye bye after 120-130.

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Keep in mind that this mystery M6 that was running down a Z06 and walking past him was modded (to what extent we don't know) and the current car it sounds like didn't have much for mods or driver.

Mike Meyers

Established Member
I've got an 06 M5 and a gt500 with the usual cold air pilley exhaust shocks etc. Before i did anything to the mustang, I think my M5 would run with the stang and maybe even beat it in the 1/4. Now that I have modded the stang, I am sure it would run away from the M5. BUT, the M5 is a 4 door sedan (family car) that will certainly surprise may people!
Going to ccw wheels in daytona beach and pick up my tires and wheels in the morning. Definetly need the drag radials on the stang.
Mike

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
The driver of the M6 was complaining about the factory trac control taking over and the fact that you cant switch it off.
He def had traction issues (the track sucks bad) and his big tires didnt help him at all. I just expected the whole perfect balanced, perfect suspension BMW thing would sorta take over SOME driver error if he truly couldnt drive..?
On the street from a dig I've beat a new M5 full of passengers pretty good but my car doesnt hook well at all. Honestly Im nervous racing anyone from a dig now that the roads are cold and the air the car is breating is cold. The Nittos sure wont hold the car until 3rd gear unless they are heated.
Also to be fair I red lighted that run -009 reaction (lol) so really I lost. :smmon:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I hate to be the kill joy but technically you lost... You went red...BUT anyways good run. What was your 60

Last edited:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I hate to be the kill joy but technically you lost... You went red...BUT anyways good run. What was your 60

yeah, yeah. Luckily we were racing for best ET and no cash.;-)
My 60ft was 1.88 baby launching at 2K which is about as good as I can get on my Nittos at this crappy track.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
No way in F-ing hell would this car have walked me down. Sorry

That BMW musta had something else done under the hood cause a new Z06 would have eaten this car alive.

Still have not been able to line up with a Z06 yet, only reg C6s.:bored:
That day will come.:rockon:

+1

Established Member
M6's are hardly strip cars. Definitey not 1/8 mile cars, does not even give the v10 a chance to stretch its legs. The car is capable of trapping 120 and built for the highway, give it a shot on the highway and see what happens.

Another thing, with SMG the launch limit is 1800 rpm, hardly the RPM needed on a motor with an 8250 redline.

Established Member
Keep in mind that this mystery M6 that was running down a Z06 and walking past him was modded (to what extent we don't know) and the current car it sounds like didn't have much for mods or driver.
What do you mean you don't know what extent the M6 was modded? The guy posted his mod list at m5board.com and has posted all of his dyno's. Here is what he has:

Headers
AA chip
3.91 diff
full supersprint exhaust
pulleys
Kellener cams (showed nothing on the dyno, waste of money)
and of course the carbon filters removed.

Nothing crazy, these mods put you in the 485 rwhp range.

Users who are viewing this thread