Video from Ford: 2013 GT500 Drag Strip

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Once again on cue every monday :lol1:

the car can definitely do more in even better conditions, but its consistent...im starting to think they might release a 'ring time, only because the mags are killing them :shrug:

gkviper192

Established Member
Once again on cue every monday :lol1:

the car can definitely do more in even better conditions, but its consistent...im starting to think they might release a 'ring time, only because the mags are killing them :shrug:

I didn't notice, are they releasing videos every Monday? Yea, I think right about now would be a great time for a Nurburgring video or something of that nature.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
probably why the GT500's H/e is soo good if it was tested and perfected in the arizona heat, while the ZL1 was done in the Nurburgring in the cold winter.

Stanger00

Established Member
probably why the GT500's H/e is soo good if it was tested and perfected in the arizona heat, while the ZL1 was done in the Nurburgring in the cold winter.

In the video the engineer said they were doing these tests a month before they were to go into production. I am paraphrasing but that was the gist of what he said. Far as I know the 2013 went into production in May, so this video was most likely made in April and there isnt a heat issue in that part of AZ until late May. However, that track is 1400 feet or so above sea level.

Last edited:

Fast Willy

Established Member
none of those launches looked the least bit impressive especially with some sort of launch control. But those times are very very promising.

Users who are viewing this thread