Video experts : File conversion how to?

Fran

Established Member
My sony mini dv saves my video file as a .dat file. How do change that to a mpeg or wmv that will play on a computer. The only software I have is the video camera software and the documentation is very poor. Thanks

GTRyan

alamoride.com v2
Established Member
Have you tried the free windows movie maker software, it will be on your pc if you have xp it should work? I use Cyberlink Power Director myself to edit then make into the video format I want!

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Pinnacle Studio 9 works pretty good for me.

When you author a DVD .. do you have any issues with sound being out of sync?

Crowley

z06matt

I 1 Racing
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Pinnacle Studio 9 works pretty good for me.
Did you pay for it or did you find a free download place?

Fran, I have been in the same boat as you... my camera does it in Quicktime and I always need the format changed to windows media but don't have a program to do it with... did you find a way to do it with Windows Movie Maker?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Z06Vette said:

Fran, I have been in the same boat as you... my camera does it in Quicktime and I always need the format changed to windows media but don't have a program to do it with... did you find a way to do it with Windows Movie Maker?
Do you have a MAC or a PC?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Crowley said:
When you author a DVD .. do you have any issues with sound being out of sync?

Crowley

Nope, never had a problem with the sound.

Z06Vette said:

Z06Vette

Naw, I paid for it. Was looking for an RCA jack that I could add to my pc and found Studio 9 packaged with a card for firewire, RCA jack etc, etc. So I just bought it.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Nope, never had a problem with the sound.

Naw, I paid for it. Was looking for an RCA jack that I could add to my pc and found Studio 9 packaged with a card for firewire, RCA jack etc, etc. So I just bought it.

I bought nine and did the upgrade (available on line) ... most times the sound is out of sync when I author a DVD .. never have any issues with my NERO.

Crowley

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Crowley said:
I bought nine and did the upgrade (available on line) ... most times the sound is out of sync when I author a DVD .. never have any issues with my NERO.

Crowley

Weird, I have no problems. I also did the online update. I have noticed that a couple of times, when I open a project, the sound clips need to be "adjusted". It has only happened once or twice, but I never checked into it. Hasn't done it for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread