VIDEO: C6 Z06, longtubes, cam & 99 FRC longtubes and drag radials out having some fun

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
[youtube_browser]SCA1tm2JSRk[/youtube_browser]

My C6Z and a good buddies 99 FRC messing around at our local 1/8 mile track last weekend.

His car is setup really well and he leaves hard. ~1.70 60 fts. He ran MT drag radials in the past. Just switched to the Hoosiers and he likes them better.

I need DR's, bad. Half shafts and Hoosiers are the winter mods!!

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
That last race was crazy! Cool video, car sounds good!

Yea, had to run him back down!! If the track was 3 ft. shorter he would've had me that time too!!

Cool video, OP! Both Vettes perform very well...:rockon:

Thanks! The white Vette is very impressive to me. :burnout:

Dude....your C6 Z sounds ****ing amazing, wow.

Thanks!!! :rockon:

I'm sure I'll get asked. Exhaust setup is: American Racing Longtubes, A/R catted X-pipe. B&B Fusion catback. Vengeance Racing custom cam. It's one of their milder cams.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Quite the different mph's. Good runs and your vette does sound sexy.

Blown02

Established Member
very nice! i love the way these camd c6s sound.. do you have any headwork done to your car?

might want to get a clutch like the monster or ls9r or x when you do the tires/halfshafts.. btw what kinda halfshafts are you going with? i thought stock was pretty strong? no?

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
very nice! i love the way these camd c6s sound.. do you have any headwork done to your car?

might want to get a clutch like the monster or ls9r or x when you do the tires/halfshafts.. btw what kinda halfshafts are you going with? i thought stock was pretty strong? no?

No headwork yet. Plan on sending them to WCCH and having them cleaned up along with the stainless valves to fix the dreaded LS7 syndrome. :rolleyes:

Already have a clutch... RPS, I forget which exactly, but it's the one Vengeance recommended. Supposed to be good for 1000hp. And honestly it still drives great.

Halfshafts.... not exactly sure which ones yet. I've actually heard that C5Z axles are the way to go. Was gonna call Vengeance and see what they say.

I love your car, our builds are kinda similar I think. As are our tastes... I remember when your car was at MPH for, oh a couple years, lol. They built both of my mustangs. Good to see we both saw the light!!! :beer:

Blown02

Established Member
No headwork yet. Plan on sending them to WCCH and having them cleaned up along with the stainless valves to fix the dreaded LS7 syndrome. :rolleyes:

Already have a clutch... RPS, I forget which exactly, but it's the one Vengeance recommended. Supposed to be good for 1000hp. And honestly it still drives great.

Halfshafts.... not exactly sure which ones yet. I've actually heard that C5Z axles are the way to go. Was gonna call Vengeance and see what they say.

I love your car, our builds are kinda similar I think. As are our tastes... I remember when your car was at MPH for, oh a couple years, lol. They built both of my mustangs. Good to see we both saw the light!!! :beer:
Nice nice..
yup, same here.. although im thinkin about just getting some brodix heads from wcch to eliminate the down time and gain a couple extra ponies :D

I like vengence too, got some of my parts from them a few months ago.

:beer:

edit: just saw the lower paert of your post.. ya i thought i remembered your screen name!
Thanks man. I love the lmb on my z, but I looove the color on your z too.. these z's are in a whole different class huh? very nice cars.. stay in touch bro!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread