**VID** stock exhaust vs Borla + BBK cai

buxracing

I've gone to the darkside
Established Member
Hey, I put that exhaust and intake on! LOL Sounds great John, still jealous you have the only Terminator in town :) You don't realize how quiet the stock system is until you get a quality intake and exhaust! Love how you can hear it sucking for air. Now bring it in so I can pulley and tune it!

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
jbindahoos said:
Vid of my '04 Comp Orange before Borla cat-back/BBK cai-- and after. Why does it sound raspy? Tune? X-pipe?

Quicktime vids-

Before-
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/JohnnyB73/?action=view&current=noexhaustcai.flv

After-
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/JohnnyB73/?action=view&current=withexhaustcai.flv

If those are stingers and you have an X-pipe, get used to the rasp. It didn't sound that raspy from the clip you posted though. :shrug: If you want to eliminate rasp get an hpipe, and a magnaflow, mac or bassani catback. IMO it sounds mean the way it sits though. :thumbsup:

2k1cobra

Established Member
jbindahoos said:
Thanks for the comps! Actually don't have an x-pipe yet, should I get one??
Yea you should but i would becareful which one because certain X-pipes+Borla Stingers=shit

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
jbindahoos said:
Thanks for the comps! Actually don't have an x-pipe yet, should I get one??

Ohh, I misread your post. Guess I should have looked at the title.. :bash: ^^ What he said above though, I think almost any o/r X-pipe will make it raspy. Especially if you already think it's too raspy. ;-)

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Should i go with an x-pipe or an h-pipe?
Whichever you think is better give me an idea on who makes the best one.

Last edited:

2k1cobra

Established Member
jbindahoos said:
Should i go with an x-pipe or an h-pipe?
Whichever you think is better give me an idea on who makes the best one.
MRT H-Pipe would sound badass with borla stingers. :rockon:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
buxracing said:
Hey, I put that exhaust and intake on! LOL Sounds great John, still jealous you have the only Terminator in town :) You don't realize how quiet the stock system is until you get a quality intake and exhaust! Love how you can hear it sucking for air. Now bring it in so I can pulley and tune it!
How the hell are you gonna tune it, you don't have a dyno.....you been drinkin' again?
Gonna go to DYNOSPEED in Memphis and get the pulley+tune+MRT H-pipe!
Catcha later man!

Users who are viewing this thread