Vid of new exhaust setup-Kooks headers, catted x, Bassani exhaust

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Early last week we took a 350 km road trip to Milton Ontario where Steeda is located and had a set of Kooks Headers and Catted X-pipe installed along with a custom dyno tune.

I am extremely happy with the new setup. The sound is amazing and these mods really woke up the coyote motor.

I have a couple of pics underneath (a thing of beauty. Lol) and I put together a vid so you guys and gals can hear the sound of this setup although the vid just DOES NOT do it justice.

Enjoy ...

milton-pipes1.jpg

milton-pipes2.jpg

[video=youtube_share;EZv3IbV2Ojs]http://youtu.be/EZv3IbV2Ojs[/video]

... Thanks for looking.:beer:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Sounds great! What were the dyne numbers.....any drone at all with this setup!?
(Ive been debating switching my exhaust cause of bad drone.)

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
I heard the same setup from a car at work and it's loud as f with a good tone.

Thanx powerhogger. I'm an old fart with old ears, the tone is perfect. Lol!

Sounds great! What were the dyne numbers.....any drone at all with this setup!?
(Ive been debating switching my exhaust cause of bad drone.)

Thanx Nocturnal'14. As for drone, nothing here to complain about and had plenty of drive time on the way back to test this out. We have been home a few days now with plenty of cruising around and we (both my wife and myself) are still star struck from the Hooker Header Sound System.
As for numbers, Steeda uses Mustang DynoJet software and the tuner definitely knew what he was doing and after 3 pulls he managed to squeak 464rwhp and 428rwtq out of it.

Thanx again guys.:beer:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
it's not the kooks giving you the drone...
If you are going to say 'no resonators' I know that has caused it a little...but with the resonators in it is WAY too quiet.
With them out it sounds awesome, except from 1700-2100 RPM.

Im fighting this battle of getting the right tone w/o the drone. Next up is the Kooks Headers, and after that then Im gonna go with an X-Pipe instead of an H. See if that fixes it.

slick3

Established Member
Thanx powerhogger. I'm an old fart with old ears, the tone is perfect. Lol!

Thanx Nocturnal'14. As for drone, nothing here to complain about and had plenty of drive time on the way back to test this out. We have been home a few days now with plenty of cruising around and we (both my wife and myself) are still star struck from the Hooker Header Sound System.
As for numbers, Steeda uses Mustang DynoJet software and the tuner definitely knew what he was doing and after 3 pulls he managed to squeak 464rwhp and 428rwtq out of it.

Thanx again guys.:beer:

Any other modifications besides exhaust? Either that tuner has something figured out that no one else does, or you truly have a factory freak. Those are some pretty stout numbers. Exhaust sounds perfect imo, thanks for the video!

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Any other modifications besides exhaust? Either that tuner has something figured out that no one else does, or you truly have a factory freak. Those are some pretty stout numbers. Exhaust sounds perfect imo, thanks for the video!

Just C.A.I., exhaust and custom dyno tune. Totally agree with you on the numbers. I think the dyno was being pretty generous that day.

Jonny_88

Established Member
If you are going to say 'no resonators' I know that has caused it a little...but with the resonators in it is WAY too quiet.
With them out it sounds awesome, except from 1700-2100 RPM.

Im fighting this battle of getting the right tone w/o the drone. Next up is the Kooks Headers, and after that then Im gonna go with an X-Pipe instead of an H. See if that fixes it.

I have Kooks headers with an O/R X-pipe and had bassani axle backs with stock OAPs. It was loud and was a little overbearing between 70 and 75 on the highway. I recently switched to '13/'14 GT500 mufflers. They are a little bit quieter with a good tone and not as raspy as the Bassani's. Haven't had much time on the highway though.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Sounds great, thanks for the videos! Is there any chance of getting a little in car footage of the exhaust, I'm really curious to how it sounds from the cabin as I am not sure if I would to do the high flow cats or stay factory for the difference in volume in the cabin.

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
Is a tune required when running the high flow cats? I know a tune would get more power, just wondering if it would set off any check engine lights if you just installed it and left it as is with out a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread