Vid of my Mach at VMP

TurboFox54

Established Member
Heres a vid of a couple passes I made in my new Mach soon aftr I bought it from Corey(cmylxgo). The first pass I lifted at the 1/8th to avoid gettin kicked off for lack of a cage. The second one hooked good so I stayed in it and got booted lol Weight with me was 3810 and unfortunately I had lifted a head and was burning a piston by the last pass. Not bad for a hurt motor and only my fourth pass in the car.
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ryvers-03-Mach-1_707045.htm]Ryvers 03 Mach 1 - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]
I'm in the proces of gettin back together right now.

EVO-lution

Established Member
nice runs....i remember one of my friends telling me a guy he knows did the samer thing. because his car was running 10's with no cage. oh well, least u broke the tens :)

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
That car is very sick! it remember it was in the FS section for a while.

What changes have you made?

TurboFox54

Established Member
Yeah Corey put a lot into the car and it was well worth the price. I just got a bad batch of Cam 2 gas and burned a piston.The new motor is a 5.3 in a Boss block versus the previous 5.0 stroker in an iron block. I also got an updated set of stage 3 heads that should flow a lil better than my existing stage 3 heads. I upgraded to 3 GT pumps and MDM over the dual GT pumps and modded FPDM that was in it. I've also switched over to a PMAS airmeter in my 3.5" intake pipe instead of the old style Pro-M meter. I also added a Alky Control Meth kit to get some more octane. I actually already had the 5.3 in and running but we had an issue with the rings being faulty so it got sent back to the builder. I heard from them today and it looks like I should get it back around the end of the week. They are waiting on a set of ARP cam bolts to finish it up. I also put the battery in the trunk and added coilovers and tubular a arms up front to try to get some weight off the nose.

Last edited:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
You've been busy! Sick car. I contacted Corey a few times about my F1A build. Who is building that 5.3 for you?

TurboFox54

Established Member
I have been dealing with Mike at Livernois on the build. They have been good to deal with especially seeing as how I had to take it out and send it back soon after getting it running due to a faulty set of rings. The rings werent their fault but they are standing behind their motor. Corey hated to see it go but I have been updating him and he has an open invite to the next track event.
I am waitin to see what your car does when you put some boost to it. Should be sick!!!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I have been dealing with Mike at Livernois on the build. They have been good to deal with especially seeing as how I had to take it out and send it back soon after getting it running due to a faulty set of rings. The rings werent their fault but they are standing behind their motor. Corey hated to see it go but I have been updating him and he has an open invite to the next track event.
I am waitin to see what your car does when you put some boost to it. Should be sick!!!

That is definitely good to know. I was looking at Livernois motors whenever my motor decides to go. I am really debating on increasing the boost with this motor because of this mysterious knock I have. I don't know, for right now I am finally enjoying a problem-free car. :beer:

TurboFox54

Established Member
I hear ya there.... I'm prolly not going to push for huge numbers when I get it back together. I just want to get it running good and safe so I can drive it for a while. I bought the car in September and have driven it 50 miles and 4 passes at the track. I should be able to make 725 without havin to push the motor to hard.

cmylxgo

Established Member
Dude...that car is a SlugB!tch :D Car looks like it leaves pretty damn well and goes straight as an arrow. From the vid it looks like either the tires may have been spinning a tad or the 1-2 shift might of been a little too high. Either way really miss that f'in car :( but I'm glad it went to someone like you to carry on the legacy :) Can't wait to see what it does in the spring.

-Corey

cmylxgo

Established Member
I hear ya there.... I'm prolly not going to push for huge numbers when I get it back together. I just want to get it running good and safe so I can drive it for a while. I bought the car in September and have driven it 50 miles and 4 passes at the track. I should be able to make 725 without havin to push the motor to hard.

Sounds like you are on the same mileage plan i was on :)

Users who are viewing this thread