Vibrations when cruising in 6th

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I am getting a weird vibration in the car, pretty pronounce but last for about 5 seconds and goes away depending on how the road is..This all started after my BMR LCA install 3 weeks ago..again only does this at highway cruse control around 75-80..I feel it in the steering wheel almost like something is bouncing...could this be my pinion angle? Never checked it

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Gotcha. Scratch that idea. Are the LCAs adjustable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Id check the tires for balance just to rule that out.
No it's a loud vibrate almost like stabilizer bar is gone or not attached, I did some driving today and it really does it when I hit bumps at 50 mph or more..almost metal rattling with vibrate

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
If you feel it in the wheel, that is usually front suspension. However, it appeared after the LCAs. If you really want to figure it out, I would pull the arms and go back to stock and confirm it is from the arms. The poly will transfer vibration from the rear to the chassis more than the stock rubber bushings. It could be something as minor as a rear wheel out of balance a little. Stock rims and tires?

Tom

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
If you feel it in the wheel, that is usually front suspension. However, it appeared after the LCAs. If you really want to figure it out, I would pull the arms and go back to stock and confirm it is from the arms. The poly will transfer vibration from the rear to the chassis more than the stock rubber bushings. It could be something as minor as a rear wheel out of balance a little. Stock rims and tires?

Tom
Ok that is what I figure, something in the front suspension...And it is odd only does it at higher speeds and if I hit a bump or turn the wheel to the right a bit..The wheels are stock, I have nitto drs in the back..but been on for a long while..What would a blown out strut maybe do? Something is rattling and bounce feel in the front end very very fast...goes away if i slow down a bit or jerk the wheel

96snake1

Established Member
Have you checked the stabilizer/sway bar links and bushings? Sounds like something might not have been torqued enough. Make sure the control arms are well torqued. If you had a blown strut you would have felt it with the oe arms as well. Doesnt sound like a driveline vibe, so in my opinion i would rule out pinion angle.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Have you checked the stabilizer/sway bar links and bushings? Sounds like something might not have been torqued enough. Make sure the control arms are well torqued. If you had a blown strut you would have felt it with the oe arms as well. Doesnt sound like a driveline vibe, so in my opinion i would rule out pinion angle.
I really thought it was a stabilizer issue, but my quick checking everything seems tight up there and will double check again..going to pull the bottom plastic shields to get better view of it..I wish I can give the best descriptions as I can, bit almost like when a caliper would hang up and cause brakes to pulsate, but this is more pronounced and loud

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Worn drag radials can amplify everything.
If you can swing it and have a suspension/tire shop experienced in high performance builds, I'd have new rear rubber installed and have the shop go through it all underneath.
We're all just guessing based on info given at this point.
-J

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Wow so I found the issue! The front right control arm bolt had backed out! Wow glad I found that or I would have been dead no doubt

96snake1

Established Member
Wow so I found the issue! The front right control arm bolt had backed out! Wow glad I found that or I would have been dead no doubt
Good...next time you install something like that just bring it back up after a test drive and retorque again. I always do that with any suspension work. Safety and peace of mind.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Good...next time you install something like that just bring it back up after a test drive and retorque again. I always do that with any suspension work. Safety and peace of mind.
Yea very odd that would come out, only time we had to remove the control arm was to remove the steering rack for the header install last summer!

Users who are viewing this thread