Vibration problem *LONG*

Spiffy668

Established Member
Need some opinions here.

When traveling at 50 mph + I get a slight vibration up to about 80 where it becomes almost unbearable. I had a slight problem with it a few months ago when I had my stock wheels on the car. When I pulled off the drivers side wheel, I was missing a balance weight. I figured this was the problem, new wheels were properly balanced, no problem. Well, still had the vibration after the new wheels were bolted up. Fine, it needs an alignment. Talked to two different guys at a Firestone yesterday (hey, its the only place around here open on Sunday) and one thinks its alignment, the other thinks it something other than that (broken rod perhaps). BUT, here's the deal breaker. Any broad or sweeping, like a highway interchange, LEFT turn, the vibration goes completely away. Now, I still say the car needs a front end alignment, but I want to know what you guys think. :shrug:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
have them check the balance on the tires again also, one little stick on weight on my front tire fell off and my whole front end would shake and shake my steering wheel

lmnvnm

Established Member
CHECK THE WHEEL BEARINGS, ONE MARK ON A ROLLER BEARING WILL SEND A VIBRATION, TURNING THE WHEELS CHANGES THE LOAD ON THE BEARING MAKING THE VIBRATION VARY.

simpman

game artist
Established Member
Sounds like what was going on with my tires. They were balanced wrong and I had that same vibration at 80. Got them rebalanced and
they are perfect now.

Users who are viewing this thread