VIBRATION ON DECELERATION

Rickster

Established Member
Anyone experience vibration at speeds over 125 mph. The car runs smooth while accelerating but when I let off the gas at these speeds the rear end of the car vibrates fairly bad untill speed comes down to 100 mph. feels like all the vibration is in the rear and not the front of the car. Other than that there is no vibration under 100 mph.

silvercoffin

Established Member
I just made an appointment to have my wheels and tires checked out because I get a vibration starting at 100mph in the steering wheel. The steering wheel vibrates in an up and down motion. I am concerned because it didnt do it until the dealer redrilled the camber plates, but I think they rotated the tires at that time so I am hoping its just a balance issue. I found a place that has a machine that can check for vibrations at high speeds. Near by place is going to check my tires and mount my nittos too.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/FindLocations.cfm

Rickster

Established Member
Vibration

I think I will start with the basics, getting rear tires rebalanced and if that doesn't cure the problem then I'll look into driveline. let me know what you find out.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Mine did that with the stock tires and wheels. When I put the Forgelines on it, it stoped. I think the Rear tires where out of balance.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread