Vibration Issue

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
This is mainly to help others not to go through the headache I have. I had a bad vibration from 40+mph. So I took it to get the tires balanced, mechanic said I had a bent right rim. That didnt bother me much since I planned on replacing the old rims anyways. Put the new rims on balanced out perfectly and replaced my ball joints at the same time......still vibrating. By this point I could kill someone. So, I take it to get the alignment done and while they had it, he took it for a ride to see what was going on. He suggested that the driveshaft might be out of balance. So, I used it as an excuse to buy the aluminum drive shaft. Well this morning I jack up the cobra to take the old one out to get it ready and found that 3 out of the 4 bolts were completely loose. The 4th one was loose but at least touching the mount. So, if you experience anything like this check your bolts first and might save you some money.

04DSGv6

Established Member
I have a weird vibration as well when cruising on the highway. Usually happens anywhere 50mph+, the faster I'm cruising the worst the vibration. The vibration happens when I let off the gas pedal completely and only happens for a split second. It also happens when I press the gas pedal and almost feels like it is constant. I can hold my gas pedal at one certain point while cruising on the highway and I get a constant vibration.

Is this anything close to what was happening with you? I've had the car for 2 months now and it's bothering the hell out of me.

Thanks.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Blown out differential mounts allowing the pinion angle to change when the differential noses over after letting off the gas.

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
Mine was worse when I let off the gas. I replaced the drive shaft and put the bolts on tight and it was like a completely different car. The vibration is completely gone.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This is mainly to help others not to go through the headache I have. I had a bad vibration from 40+mph. So I took it to get the tires balanced, mechanic said I had a bent right rim. That didnt bother me much since I planned on replacing the old rims anyways. Put the new rims on balanced out perfectly and replaced my ball joints at the same time......still vibrating. By this point I could kill someone. So, I take it to get the alignment done and while they had it, he took it for a ride to see what was going on. He suggested that the driveshaft might be out of balance. So, I used it as an excuse to buy the aluminum drive shaft. Well this morning I jack up the cobra to take the old one out to get it ready and found that 3 out of the 4 bolts were completely loose. The 4th one was loose but at least touching the mount. So, if you experience anything like this check your bolts first and might save you some money.

Gonna check my bolts tomorrow. I have had a vibration issue for months now. Just recently something has gotten much worse in the rear end, dont know what it is though.

Users who are viewing this thread