Vibration in GAS pedal

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
Ok, I did a search and all I could find were threads on vibration in the clutch pedal, so here goes. Little bit of history, just had bearing kit (pinion, carrier, etc) replaced in the differential about a week or week and a half ago. I also did the harmonic balancer about a year ago with no symptoms of vibration since. Now for the problem, I have a noticed a vibration that is slight but noticeable only at right at or just barely over 2250 rpm. The vibration is completely rpm dependent. It does not matter if there is a load on the engine or not. The car can be sitting still and I rev it to the spot, it will do it. Only thing is that I have to be really careful when revving it because if I go too fast over the spot, there won't be the vibration. Also, it does not matter if the rpms are going up or coming down. The vibration is mostly in the gas pedal, but while driving I have had my foot barely resting on the brake and clutch and you can barely feel it in there. I have had someone outside while I did it and he did not hear any kind of rattling or really any vibration of any source. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the exhaust since the shop removed the catback when they did the bearings, but that is just a thought. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Off topic, but your Avatar look good. Love DSG with stock chromies. Hope you figure it out, but it doesn't sound like anything that's an issue. But I don't know Richard so.....

Users who are viewing this thread