Vibration in clutch pedal 03 Cobra

monX

Established Member
It's going to shatter for the first 500 miles or so and it will prob also chatter on 2nd and even 3rd. The pedal vibration may be caused by lose adjustment. What firewall adjuster do you have and how much freeplay is there?

monX

Established Member
steeda firewall adjuster, quadrant has three settings, looks like there is much freeplay. Is the pedal vibration chatter.

If the pedal is whats vibrating and not the chatter is what you're feeling, try using a different setting of the tree on the quadrant or just try to tighten the adjuster, sounds like its too loose.

cobracide

Established Member
Get the clutch re-setup. My output shaft was not shimmed to specs and I had the same deal. Whatever is causing it in your case, get it fixed quick.

torqued

Go Fast Turn Left
Established Member
Play in wich way? Crap. I just did my clutch and Didnt adjust anything. So what did I do wrong? What should I check?

musclemustang20

Established Member
clutch chatter pedal vibration.

I put the clutch cable on the 2nd hook of the quadrant and screwed in the firewall adjuster so the throwout bearing isnt touching the fingers on the pressure plate. 250 miles on the clutch, now the chatter is 50 percent gone and the tweeting of the throwout bearing is 95 percent gone.

Users who are viewing this thread