Vibration at certain RPM?

toast

Established Member
I just had my clutch replaced. I dont know if this is related or not. Its been about 550 miles now and I notice that I get a lot of vibration around 4800-5800 rpm. It does it in gear and in neutral. It does it if Im flooring it or just babying it and slowly climbing up the revs, it also does it as the revs drop back down with the clutch engaged but not on the gas. Its a very noticeable vibration that to me sounds like its coming from the engine. It is fine from idle up to about 4800 and after 5800 is smooths out all the way to redline where its smooth as silk. Its fine at any MPH it just does it at certain RPM in any gear, even stopped and in neutral, it just seems to shake the car more when its in gear (obviously I guess). Any clue as to what this could be?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Flywheel, clutch disc or pressure plate. Even more so to think this if you just had the clutch changed and now it started.

However, Check motor mounts.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
did they turn the flywheel? i have seen them cause vibration at odd rpms if they have to much cut off..

toast

Established Member
I was thinking motor mounts as well. But I really had no clue. I did have the flywheel turned and thats kinda making sense as well. What a pain in the ass this is gunna be.

toast

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, if it did happen to be the flywheel and I got a new one or something, would I have to re-break in the clutch disc or what. How would that work?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Personally, I'd slap it together and go.
Some may say otherwise.
Many people don't even resurface the FW. I don't unless it has some hot spots on it.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
at the least i take a light sanding disc and "buzz" the surface, just to get the slick off. but if you put a new flywheel in, just throw it in and go.

Users who are viewing this thread