VIBRATION AT 60 MPH

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
Just noticed a vibration at about 60 MPH. Its not in the steering & the wheels were just all balanced too. Seems like the whole body is shaking. Also seems to go away at around 70 MPH. Anyone else have this problem?? HELP

:??: :??:

silvercoffin

Established Member
yeah

My vib was all in the steering wheel (up and down motion!)and turned out to be defective Goodyears. i had them high speed harmonically balanced to find that out. new tires and no vib.

SVT said that they had vibrations due to defective drive train parts and that there is a TSB out to replace the drive shaft on cars once everything else has been ruled out.

Basically that means they are going to take your car and experiement on it, drive it a lot and then when they cant fix it, replace the whole drive train.

I know two people personally who had the vib. One indexed the drive shaft himself and says its almost gone. The other had the TSB performed on his car.

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
SVT Dealer

Think I'll call the dealer to see if they will replace the DShaft seeing I had the wheels balanced already. U say they have a recall on it? Any idea what the recall # is??

cobraman03

Established Member
i get alot of vibration..sounds like a howling vibration thoroughtout the whole car at 80+ mph...i guess i will take mine in as well....

rskdsk

Established Member
When I took my car in they replaced 2 out of 4 tires for free. It is good that I have new tires ... but bad because I still had the vib. The second time I took it in they replaecd another tire ... still had vib, but another free tire. The third time I took it in they replaced the DS ... still have the vib, but I have the updated DS for free. The forth time I took it in they replaced .... oh, I do not know yet, they still have the car.

NewGuy

When I first brought mine home I noticed a shaking feeling. Then I realized it was my nerves because I have never driven a car as fast as this one. Now move over and get out of my way!

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
Tire replacements

Did they replace the tires as a last resort or did they see something wrong with them?
Still like to have them replace the DS 1st to see if that is the problem. Anyone have any idea as to any recall or repair # for the DS replacement??

Users who are viewing this thread