Vibration at 60-65 mph

USMCTerminator

Established Member
Does anyone else on here have any issues with vibration at any speeds. I feel excessive vibration from 60-65 mph. I feel it throughout the entire car along with the steering wheel. I don't have vibration at any other speeds.

I have replaced the front tires, balanced all of the tires, and had an alignment (car was pulling). I figured if a rim was bent the shop would not have been able to balance the tire, but they did not mention any problems.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

bubblehead93

Established Member
sounds like a driveshaft clocking issue. unbolt the driveshaft and rotate 180 degrees and reinstall. if it still persists, take the driveshaft to a shop and have them check it for runout. my original driveshaft was bowed which caused a vibration.

snakezilla

Established Member
did you go to a mom and pop shop for a wheel balance? I used to go to the cheap places but with lower profile tires they could not get it right. I started going to the big name shops and the problem was fixed. The small mom and pop shops dont get there balance machines serviced very often and the big name shops do. my problem was my wheel balance and Lesschwab was the only place that did it correctly im my town

USMCTerminator

Established Member
I went to a local place for the balance and alignment. I will plan on taking the car to the dealer and get the tires balanced. If that doesn't work I will follow bubblehead93's advice. Thanks for the input, I hadn't considered the possibility of the driveshaft being bowed before. I will let you know what the issue was once i get it resolved.

snakezilla

Established Member
I went to a local place for the balance and alignment. I will plan on taking the car to the dealer and get the tires balanced. If that doesn't work I will follow bubblehead93's advice. Thanks for the input, I hadn't considered the possibility of the driveshaft being bowed before. I will let you know what the issue was once i get it resolved.

good luck, hope its only the wheel balance and you can put this issue behind you :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread