Vibration at 100+

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
i feel a litle vibration at about 100Mph+.. almost feels like either the tires.. or somethin in the rear.. ideas?

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
before you tear your hair out(which many do for this problem) have the tires match mounted and road force ballanced. it cures 90% of vibe cases, myself included.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
+1 check the tires make sure they are squared away, also keep in mind it could be a driveshaft issue.... more than likely a balance issue though.

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
ty guys, im gonna run to the shop and have em balanced:beer:.. its a very minor vibration.. doesnt feel violent.. i just wanna make sure the car is safe when im moving at speeds 100+ :beer:

badass03

Established Member
I had the same problem and my performance shop installed a pst carbon fiber driveshaft and balanced all of my tires. I now can take it too 100mph and its as smooth as a caddy!!!

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
I talked to Maximum Motorsports before I bought there solid diff mounts. They CLAIM that because the way the diff is mounted the pinion angle is different from the output shaft of the tranny angle it causes a high speed vibration.
Could be a sales pitch but I do know that the angles are supposed to match.
All I know is on the way home from the dealer I saw 150+ and was smoother than cars ive driven that are 3 times the money.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
i feel a litle vibration at about 100Mph+.. almost feels like either the tires.. or somethin in the rear.. ideas?

IRS might need re-alignment, I had similar problem and that's what it turned-out to be

just another suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread