VIBRATING/SHAKING above 100MPH

drh_5.0

Established Member
I'm also experiencing this on my 2012 5.0 with Roush TVS and 1 pc driveshaft and uparaded FRPP 3.73s. I first was sure that it was flat spots on my soft compound tires from long winter storage. So I ended up being new wheels AND tires. Noticed on my way to work this morning the vibration was still there 80 mph + and now a strange humming noise (not gear whine, because I have that too lol)...It's the entire car shaking not so much just steering wheel.

I tried what blueline said and nothing seemed to eliminate it. Not sure if is drivetrain related??? I doubt it's wheels or tires after 2 sets did the same thing. If it is drivetrain...would there be anything easy to eliminate? Love the guessing game!

Any input would be great! Thanks.

centerforce

Established Member
I'm also experiencing this on my 2012 5.0 with Roush TVS and 1 pc driveshaft and uparaded FRPP 3.73s. I first was sure that it was flat spots on my soft compound tires from long winter storage. So I ended up being new wheels AND tires. Noticed on my way to work this morning the vibration was still there 80 mph + and now a strange humming noise (not gear whine, because I have that too lol)...It's the entire car shaking not so much just steering wheel.

I tried what blueline said and nothing seemed to eliminate it. Not sure if is drivetrain related??? I doubt it's wheels or tires after 2 sets did the same thing. If it is drivetrain...would there be anything easy to eliminate? Love the guessing game!

Any input would be great! Thanks.

Check the wheel bearings next. Jack the car up, grab the wheel by the top and bottom and try to wiggle.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Check the wheel bearings next. Jack the car up, grab the wheel by the top and bottom and try to wiggle.

Thanks for feedback. Checked that but they seem fine. Ended up finding out my problem. Upper control arm bushing was very dry rotted/cracked somehow. Whole axle could move up and down by hand. Need new UCA and possibly a new driveshaft....

Users who are viewing this thread