Vibrating Pedal and Chirp after TOB and Clutch Replacement.

AnarchyVA

Established Member
For the past month or two my TOB had been squeeling. I decided that it was time to get in there and replace it. While I was in there I was going to go ahead and replace the RMS and the clutch (Exedy Mach 500 Stage 1). I also bought a new McLeod fork, an LMR pivot stud, an FRPP TOB and FRPP HD Pilot Bearing, a Lethal Performance retainer sleeve and resurfaced the flywheel. After contemplating doing the work myself I decided it was best to let someone with a lift and a bit more knowlege tackle it.

FYI...we found out during the install that the stock retainer sleeve was broken into two pieces. As seems fairly common.

After I picked it up and started driving it it seemed to shift great. It required a TAD more gas in 1st gear but very little. The problem is that the pedal shakes pretty bad and the new FRPP TOB chirps when the pedal is out all the way. If you push in the pedal just 1/2" the pedal stops vibrating and the chirp goes away.

I have the stock quadrant and stock line.

Can you adjust this out with the stock quadrant? Would the freeplay mod help at all with this? Or do I need an adjustable line and the freeplay mod in order to mimik pushing the pedal down 1/2"?

This seems fairly common of a problem with an aftermarket clutch. Is it just part of having an aftermarket clutch or was it necesssarily installed incorrectly? I've read that it could be an issue with torquing the PP down properly. I've also read that it could be a matter of getting the PP or the disk greasy. And when I called EXEDY and asked one of their technical guys he says its likely a matter of adjustment at the pedal. So I'm not sure.......

What I don't want to happen is this problem manifest into something getting damaged and having to tear that all apart again.

MG0h3

Established Member
Most run a firewall adjuster but trying lifting up on the clutch pedal. Car came with a plastic auto adjuster.

Sounds like the cable is loose and the pedal/fork are bouncing around.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AnarchyVA

Established Member
I lifted up the pedal already. It seems like that does the opposite as to what it is wanting. I’m going to try going the other way with it. Once it stops raining and I can get in there to figure out how that adjustment is made.

Users who are viewing this thread