Vibrant Red Color Question

brian3724

Established Member
I am on the verge of purchasing my first 1993 Cobra with black cloth and Vibrant Red Clearcoat, and had a question concerning the paint. It seems to me when looking at different pictures of vibrant red cobras that depending on if the pics were taken indoors or outdoors or from different angles that the color seems to vary from a bright red to a red with a slight orange hue. Is this the norm for vibrant red cobras in 93? I still really like the color, but was just wondering if any other vibrant red owners have noticed the color changing in different lighting. Thanks again!

buddha93

Established Member
You would be correct Brian.

There is no real color change effect, however it definately favors the orange hue of things. If you saw it next to say a cherry red, it would look very orange. By itself, it's red.

I posted on your other concern also. The car looks to as nice as they say it is.

Just FYI, not sure on your financing or preferences, there's a black on black 93' in Florida for about the same amount of money but it has a Kenne Bell on it. The kicker is he has all of the stock parts to go with it. Drive it modded for a while, or put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Long time ago .... sigh..... here is mine in the bright sun

1981180019_large.jpg

1981180025_large.jpg

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Very nice looking, I'm assuming by the "sigh" that you no longer have it.

Correct...

It was a 9k mile car blown, cammed and most everything that you could possibly do short of a built bottom end. It ran 11.75@124 on 17" bfg dr's and that was with the "B" trim Vortech.

Speedfreek

Established Member
The color varys alot. I remember back at the mustang 40'th in charlotte there was a row of 93 cobras probably 10 or so red ones and they grouped them in colors together. Some looked different colors side by side but wasnt noticable by them selves.

93 COBRA

Established Member
My old Rio Red '97 Cobra made my Vibrant Red '93 look orange when parked side by side in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread