VIBE question

BocaCobra

Established Member
Well everybody, When I 1st got my 03 I guess I was so happy never really noticed the vibration but now I am very aware of it. Amazing that right at 80MPH it kicks in. Not really bad but it makes the rear view mirror and side mirrors vibrate. I made a long trip lastnight so thats why it has finally bothered me. Funny thing is though...80-90 is bad but the faster I go the better it seems to get - I mean at like 110 or so it was there but way less then at 80. 80-90 is by far the worst speeds. Think its the driveshaft or something else? Also, think I can just call the dealer, have them order it and call me when its in so I dont have to drop off car? Thanks

i8u

Established Member
No. They will have to do a diagnostic procedure.

1. Verify complaint
2. Check tire balence
3. Then drive shaft.

Hope this helps.

:beer:

CRZ8R

Established Member
Wish there was a TSB

There seems to have been enough people out there with this same problem that you would think SVT would have a TSB out by now. But my dealer said he could not find one.

BocaCobra - It bothers all of us. I wish someone could make some headway and get SVT to put out some kind of official fix. When that happens... please post a big fat thread for all of us. Maybe you'll be the star. Thanks. CRZ8R.

black03SVT

Established Member
Vibe is starting to loosen some nuts in my head

:bash: :bash: :burn: :burn: :cuss: :cuss: :xpl: :xpl:

This is pretty much how I feel after taking my cobra for a test drive today after it has been in service for almost two weeks now. A new driveshaft made the vibration worse and a whole new rear end did not solve the problem either. I made the mistake of thinking that if I just take the car into the dealership they would just fix the problem and that would be the end of it. Boy was I wrong.

The funniest thing is when the dealership cant solve the problem anymore and they give you the "there is nothing wrong with your car" bit. Or the "its operating normally" bit.

Just tellin ya how I was treated trying to take care of the vibe.
Gabe

Last edited:

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
got the same problem...80-90 vibe...got an appointment at the dealer tomorrow morning @ 7:00 am. they told me that they can't take it up to 80mph so i told them that someone is going to ride w/ me then b/c they won't feel a vibe until that speed. they said no problem.

i also talked to SVT extensively yesterday and they made it clear to me that if i had any problems, to have the service manager call the 1-800 number to SVT and they would take care of it. hopefully this will solve the problem. oh yeah, car pulls to the right also! amazing. i'll let y'all know how it turns out.

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by BocaCobra
Well everybody, When I 1st got my 03 I guess I was so happy never really noticed the vibration but now I am very aware of it. Amazing that right at 80MPH it kicks in. Not really bad but it makes the rear view mirror and side mirrors vibrate. I made a long trip lastnight so thats why it has finally bothered me. Funny thing is though...80-90 is bad but the faster I go the better it seems to get - I mean at like 110 or so it was there but way less then at 80. 80-90 is by far the worst speeds. Think its the driveshaft or something else? Also, think I can just call the dealer, have them order it and call me when its in so I dont have to drop off car? Thanks

I see the problem get worse at higher speeds than 80.

Depending on the dealer they are probably going to quote liability issues and not confirm your d/s problem or whatever it may be until you drive the service guy around in it, or convince them to put it on a dyno. My dealer said their dyno would not go that fast :shrug:

So, I took the service manager for a spin, and he confirmed a vibration in the rear view mirror, and a 'drone' sound as well.

The d/s is ordered, and it will probably be another week.

Good luck with yours!

sonic77

Established Member
BocaCobra:

I get the same thing. The vibe starts right at about 80 mph, and I can definately notice it the most between 80 and 90, but then it's less noticable by the time I get to 110. Still there, but not nearly as bad as when I'm right at 80mph.

Also, it doesn't seem to have the same intensity every time I drive it to 80. Some days I notice that the vibe at 80 is not as strong as other days.

-brad-

--
03 Cobra
(stock)
--

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by sonic77
BocaCobra:

I get the same thing. The vibe starts right at about 80 mph, and I can definately notice it the most between 80 and 90, but then it's less noticable by the time I get to 110. Still there, but not nearly as bad as when I'm right at 80mph.

Also, it doesn't seem to have the same intensity every time I drive it to 80. Some days I notice that the vibe at 80 is not as strong as other days.
--

mine is the same way...some days it's horrible, some days i don't notice it. there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. anyone know why this is the case?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread