vht night shade users

lowone06

tanked up
Established Member
i have used that stuff in the past and you could not see my brake lights unless it was night but there is nothing else out there for a smoked look has anyone had that problem

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
VHT sucks, just get vinyl tint. That is what I have on my 96 taillights, I have 20% and it looks pretty good.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
A buddy of mine got it off ebay and sold it to me. I forgot the user name of the guy though. I MIGHT be able to find out for you.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I just said it sucks because it's a pain in the ass to get off. Not worth it I think. Just guy like a $30 vinyl tint and take it on/off whenever you want.

Dekorum

Established Member
Hm, I dunno about VHT sucking. blkstangman88's tails look pretty nice. Why would you be concerned about taking the tint off if you wanted to put it on in the first place? Thats why I am probably never going to do tail light tint because of the fact that I might want to take it off, haha. You have any pics of how the vinyl tint looks Jordan? Also, were you able to get the VHT off your third brake light? I forgot when you told me before.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Vinyl Tint at 15-20%

P1010077-2.gif

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
That looks about the same... night shade wont bubble or peal over time ... I could imagine water, dirt getting in the tint when its washed, Ive used a powerwasher on the car before and would rip that tint stuff right off..

lowone06, If you looking to make your car lighter and have used night shade, try using some rubbing compond on it till you get it to the correct darkness

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Looks good Vin.

I'm not saying VHT doesn't look bad, just saying it sucks because you can never take it off if you decide to go another route.

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
personally id probably want to use vinyl so that I could easily go back to stock but if i was heart set on the look id use nightshades, by the way if you're pressure washer can take vinyl off your car you've got the pressure up a little high, i pressure wash my quad and if its up too high itll leave streaks in the plastics and NOT take stickers/vinyl off

Joker606

Insane in the Membrane
Established Member
Used VHT on mine, turned out GREAT! Thanks to Venomous for the help too.
Few pics. Can see the brake lights very easily.

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

I will try to get one with the lights on so you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread