[VET HNTR] 1/8 Mile Goes 6.968 @ 101.70

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I took another trip out to Irwindale tonight! I'm extremely glad that I made the trip too.

I came out with a new best (it seems that every single time I go to the track that this is happening) and I couldn't be happier.

My idea was to take a couple passes without going balls out until it got cooler throughout the day so that I could run better times so the first one I shifted into 3rd and let out of the throttle 100% so that I didn't get kicked off the track again. LOL

This idea was good, but I only got 3 passes do to 2 people blowing their damn engines. It was a big ass waiting game. I waited in line for 3 hours for one of the passes. It was ridiculous...

Without further ado, the time slips!

R/T.....692
60'.....1.745
1/8....7.700
MPH...76.85

R/T.....854
60'.....1.695
1/8....7.063
MPH...103.22

New best! :rockon:

R/T.....780
60'.....1.616
1/8....6.968
MPH...101.70

I'll be back with a vengeance with the roll cage ready to go. No more of this getting kicked out bullshit. I'm going legit!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Nice job Ricky...

Have you run this bad boy in the 1/4 yet???

:rockon:

Later...Dave

Thanks, brotha!

I haven't gotten the chance to unfortunately, but OCHP & RET are putting on a sick drag day event at California Speedway's 1/4 drag strip coming up in the next month so I'll definitely be doing so then!

:rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Damn that's moving out pretty damn good on only 15.5lbs. Well done.

Let us know about this drag day.

:beer:

Thanks! You got it, bro! :beer:

thats good for 10s!!! good job!!!

It should be a 10.75-10.85 pass in the same exact conditions. It was about 85 degrees out and I didn't get to ice down on the 6.9x pass either.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Thanks! You got it, bro! :beer:

It should be a 10.75-10.85 pass in the same exact conditions. It was about 85 degrees out and I didn't get to ice down on the 6.9x pass either.

oh whipple/kb...forgot. pulls a lil harder up top. my car with a 6.9@101 is a high 10.8 or 10.9 @130-131. i have to run a 6.8x to go in the 10.7s

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
oh whipple/kb...forgot. pulls a lil harder up top. my car with a 6.9@101 is a high 10.8 or 10.9 @130-131. i have to run a 6.8x to go in the 10.7s

That's one hell of a MPH for a high 10 second pass!!! :beer:

And if you improve your 1/8 mile ET by .1, you should be looking at an improvement around .2 in the 1/4 mile.

I hope I go 13x MPH in the 1/4. I'd be stoked! :rockon:

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That's one hell of a MPH for a high 10 second pass!!! :beer:

And if you improve your 1/8 mile ET by .1, you should be looking at an improvement around .2 in the 1/4 mile.

I hope I go 13x MPH in the 1/4. I'd be stoked! :rockon:

mine seems to be .1 for .1

i had a 6.81 or 6.82 (forget) for my 10.69 pass (usually low 10.7s. if I go 6.92 itll be a 10.85ish pass. my car is weird...lol

bluhaven

Established Member
Hey Rick, congratulations you definitely have that car haulin' ass. I didn't get to see your car run but my wife went up and saw the 2nd pass, 7.06, thats good stuff! It's nice to see someone do some changes to there car and see the improvement it makes, and thats with a 6 speed, great job Rick! Now take it out to the 1/4 mile, that thing will really shine there! Assume job!!!! Go fast but be safe. See at the track. (we were in the yellow car):beer:

Kevin and Brenda

I just noticed you made it into the 6's, damn. You said you were going to do it. They must have giving you the boot after that.

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Hey Rick, congratulations you definitely have that car haulin' ass. I didn't get to see your car run but my wife went up and saw the 2nd pass, 7.06, thats good stuff! It's nice to see someone do some changes to there car and see the improvement it makes, and thats with a 6 speed, great job Rick! Now take it out to the 1/4 mile, that thing will really shine there! Assume job!!!! Go fast but be safe. See at the track. (we were in the yellow car):beer:

Kevin and Brenda

I just noticed you made it into the 6's, damn. You said you were going to do it. They must have giving you the boot after that.

Hey, brotha! I'm glad you made it on here and found me!

I appreciate all of the hospitality that you guys show me at Irwindale. You guys make the experience better for everyone else that goes.

I saw Brenda right after my 6.96 pass and she was just as ecstatic as me! LOL Can't wait to see you out there next time! :rockon:

And you sure ran one hell of a time for your guys GTO too! 7.56 is stout! I guess drag racing is like riding a bicycle to you because you've definitely still got it, bro! Not rusty at all.

I'll be giving you a call about the Fontana event that I'm putting on. I just spoke with Beth Rice of California Speedway and we're setting it up for November 29th so keep that date open!!! :beer:

bluhaven

Established Member
Hey Rick, its all about having fun. I see you got that 60' down there also. Let me know about Fontana, Beth Rice is the track manager and shes trying to make some improvements, but it all goes thru the SpeedWay. I got a 7.52 on my last pass, good air helps. Later.

Kevin

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I took another trip out to Irwindale tonight! I'm extremely glad that I made the trip too.

I came out with a new best (it seems that every single time I go to the track that this is happening) and I couldn't be happier.

My idea was to take a couple passes without going balls out until it got cooler throughout the day so that I could run better times so the first one I shifted into 3rd and let out of the throttle 100% so that I didn't get kicked off the track again. LOL

This idea was good, but I only got 3 passes do to 2 people blowing their damn engines. It was a big ass waiting game. I waited in line for 3 hours for one of the passes. It was ridiculous...

Without further ado, the time slips!

R/T.....692
60'.....1.745
1/8....7.700
MPH...76.85

R/T.....854
60'.....1.695
1/8....7.063
MPH...103.22

New best! :rockon:

R/T.....780
60'.....1.616
1/8....6.968
MPH...101.70

I'll be back with a vengeance with the roll cage ready to go. No more of this getting kicked out bullshit. I'm going legit!

Awesome job bro!! Although I don't like the plate :mj: LOL JK :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I think ET Streets and a boat load of weight reduction lol.

Nice run Rick. Up the boost some and go low lol.

Users who are viewing this thread