VERY strong WWII footage

03CobraDude

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EevtrBRzMhw"]YouTube - Graphic Footage From World War II (Pacific)[/ame]

I don't even know what to type for this. Those were some VERY brave men. My utmost respect and thanks goes out towards them!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Very good video, i cried at the end seeing the baby that was burned by the dropping of the atomic bomb. Very sad, but unfortunately necessary, we would have lost at least a million soldiers had we invaded japan.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Don't forget many of them were only 18-20 yrs old. Not even men yet. I couldn't have gone through what they did as a teenager.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
War is man's ugliest invention but sometimes his only course of action. God bless those who came before us. Courage and Bravery like that is few and far between these days.

1hot281

Established Member
+1 People do forget... very quickly...

being of Japanese decent, it's always painful watching footage of the atomic strikes on Japan. Having had family in the war, it's tough not to acknowledge that Japan did bring it upon themselves...

for anyone who hasn't visited the sites of the bombing in Japan... it changes the way you see life. To stand where so many died in an instant, and the course of world history changed... it's... eerie to see the SHADOWS of people... BURNED on to the ground by the initial flash of the bomb.

sd8683

Vince Masuka is DA Man!
Established Member
AMAZING footage! I had chills throughout the whole video! Thanks for sharing

mustangbee

Established Member
great vid. i used to only think about the marine/army side of that victory, but those were some pissed off US sailors. Some crushing naval victories.

SRNA

Established Member
My grandfather was a gunner on an aircraft carrier there. He is still alive today and 84 years old. He says that the nightmares that he has about the war have only gotten progressively worse with advancing age. He doesn't talk about the war hardly ever. When he does he only says, "I was pretty scared". I think that is a severe understatement. He was standing beside his best friend in the Navy when a bullet from an incoming Japanese aircraft took his friend's head completely off right before his eyes. God bless the men who fought for this country.

jrobinsonchicag

Established Member
My grandfather was a gunner on an aircraft carrier there. He is still alive today and 84 years old. He says that the nightmares that he has about the war have only gotten progressively worse with advancing age. He doesn't talk about the war hardly ever. When he does he only says, "I was pretty scared". I think that is a severe understatement. He was standing beside his best friend in the Navy when a bullet from an incoming Japanese aircraft took his friend's head completely off right before his eyes. God bless the men who fought for this country.

I just had dinner with my Grandpa who is 90 and served in Germany.

I'm 27 and everywhere I look I see guys my age who all think their tough $hit. The white suburban kids who think their inner city gangsters, the guys that wear their UFC gear and think they're just as tough as the fighters, etc. etc. etc. It's sad to see the country that these men and women worked so hard to build go down the drain at the hands of these cocky sloths who have accomplished nothing. They all think they're bad asses... yet many of them wouldn't last a week in these conditions. 99% of them probably couldn't tell you how to chamber a round unless it was flipping a trigger using XBOX.

Last edited:

03CobraDude

I just had dinner with my Grandpa who is 90 and served in Germany.

I'm 27 and everywhere I look I see guys my age who all think their tough $hit. The white suburban kids who think their inner city gangsters, the guys that wear their UFC gear and think they're just as tough as the fighters, etc. etc. etc. It's sad to see the country that these men and women worked so hard to build go down the drain at the hands of these cocky sloths who have accomplished nothing. They all think they're bad asses... yet many of them wouldn't last a week in these conditions. 99% of them probably couldn't tell you how to chamber a round unless it was flipping a trigger using XBOX.

Please, would you two give your grandfather's a BIG thank you on behalf of the SVTP community?

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
Great compilation, Craig Armstrong's music is fitting. After many years of WWI & II studying I am still always humbled by the stories and videos. Thanks for posting op.
salute.gif

assasyn

Established Member
Im sure all sides where doing it but I think its pretty bad to be shooting the guys who are floating at sea. Just take them prisoner.
Oh, you mean the guy that had a grenade that he could have thrown on board rather than blow himself up? :bored:

I'm pretty sure that when you're getting bombarded, you aren't thinking about POWs. Don't they usually take those after the combat has ceased?

Users who are viewing this thread