Very Powerful Video - 5fdp

03snkvert

Established Member
Just thought I would post this up, I know everyone knows somebody that has been bullied etc.

[youtube_browser]ptzzU7jFQwo[/youtube_browser]

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
that was a great video. FFDP is very very good live as well, very real group of guys

03snkvert

Established Member
that was a great video. FFDP is very very good live as well, very real group of guys

Yeah, they are a great live band, and seem very down to earth. First saw them around 3-4 years ago, and have been hooked since.

eightballrj

Established Member
That so hits home it's not even funny, I had a great friend in high school that before we ever became friends said he never really had friends. I always thought he was a cool guy and just never got around to ask him to come hang out. One friday afternoon I called him to come with us and it has been history ever since. He has, unfortunately, moved away and is now happily married. One day about 2 years after we became friends, we were at his deer camp and he had been drinking a bit and he told me that the very day that I called him to come out with us that he was loading up his .357 to walk outside in to his driveway while his parents weren't home to commit suicide. I called him just before he began to walk outside. I had NO IDEA until two years later that anything was ever the matter with him (neither did any of my other buddies). So I did nothing commendable. God just providentially caused that I would call him and that would stop him from committing suicide. Pretty awesome thing to be told even if you didn't know you did anything.

03snkvert

Established Member
It is amazing how something so small could end up being the thing that keeps someone from going over the edge.

I think it has a message that should be shown to high school kids to let them see how something that they think is funny, just how detrimental it could be to someone.

It was just a week or two ago I read about a 13 y/o girl that was teased so much she took her own life. It kind of hits me because I have a three year old daughter that I hope i can instill enough good values in her that she will not treat people this way, and hope that she never feels that nobody loves her!

00BlackGT

Established Member
I had a friend in h/s, an Indian friend that was always very full of life and energy. I hadnt seen him in years but he was a friend of mine on fb and we would talk every now and again. He had just graduated from NC state as an engineer, and was a built and good looking guy.

3 weeks ago he lit himself on fire. I dont get it? RIP Siddu

01BeansGt

Established Member
I can honestly say that is a awesome video. I have been in a similiar situation where I almost took my own life(not because of bullying). I'm just glad I didn't follow through with it.

03snkvert

Established Member
It is amazing the stories you hear, after posting something like this. I am sure we all have friends that have had these thoughts and just never knew about it. For every 1 bully there are probably 10 people that care!

Again, this just makes me think. My daughter is only 3, but I cant imagine what school will be like for her in Jr. High/ High school, girls are just vicious!

smitty2919

Established Member
Why has bullying only recently been an issue in terms of people hurting themself? I'm sure bullying has always happened. But what is it about people today that give in?

Why not lash out...hell punch someone in the face instead of letting it sink deeper and deeper?

I'm not bashing anyone or their stories...I just don't get it...and before you say anything I was bullied in middle school (I'm 26 now).

03snkvert

Established Member
I don't think bullying, and pushing people over the limit is anything new. It just seems that now people are starting to see how it really effects people. With the days of Social Media, bullying has been taken to a whole new level.

Here is the Story I was talking about earlier, but I guess she was 15:

Amanda Todd commits suicide weeks after heartbreaking Youtube video | Canada | News | National Post

[youtube_browser]zOF4hW0pCOI[/youtube_browser]

Just the cruelness of kids these days, and I blame a lot of it on society now days. There are a lot of Lax parents out there that take the stand of "thats just kids being kids", but to the person that is bullied, it is taking over there whole life.

Last edited:

ParamedicMXr

Established Member
Why has bullying only recently been an issue in terms of people hurting themself? I'm sure bullying has always happened. But what is it about people today that give in?

Why not lash out...hell punch someone in the face instead of letting it sink deeper and deeper?

I'm not bashing anyone or their stories...I just don't get it...and before you say anything I was bullied in middle school (I'm 26 now).

I think the problem is, its a lose lose situation. If you lash out, start breaking faces (not shooting up a school), you will be made to be the bad guy by the other people's parents, the school system, the law, whatever. Thats just how society has changed. It would be the bully's family who ends up pressing charges on the other party for doing nothing but standing up for themself. Its sad, but it seems like every road is a dead end for people who are constantly riddiculed and messed with.

smitty2919

Established Member
I don't think bullying, and pushing people over the limit is anything new. It just seems that now people are starting to see how it really effects people. With the days of Social Media, bullying has been taken to a whole new level.

Here is the Story I was talking about earlier, but I guess she was 15:

Amanda Todd commits suicide weeks after heartbreaking Youtube video | Canada | News | National Post

[youtube_browser]zOF4hW0pCOI[/youtube_browser]

Just the cruelness of kids these days, and I blame a lot of it on society now days. There are a lot of Lax parents out there that take the stand of "thats just kids being kids", but to the person that is bullied, it is taking over there whole life.

I see your point about sucky parents. It blows my mind sometimes. I made it about halfway through that video...IMO it was her dumb ass choice to flash people on a webcam, was that not the underlying reason of her depression/drugs/issues??? Yes she was "bullied" but she agreed on her own to show her t!ts to random people on a webcam. Your fault. Maybe this makes me sound like a dick but you should have been smart enough even for a 15 year old in today's society. Kids, due to social media, are a lot more mature and know enough.

Edit: I finished the video...So she was led on by a guy to screw him (sh!tty thing to do any way you put it) guys gf beats her up. Now instead of deleting her FB page and not paying attention to it, she doesn't she keep seeing comments and posts from people in the last city she lived in and makes her worse.

I think the problem is, its a lose lose situation. If you lash out, start breaking faces (not shooting up a school), you will be made to be the bad guy by the other people's parents, the school system, the law, whatever. Thats just how society has changed. It would be the bully's family who ends up pressing charges on the other party for doing nothing but standing up for themself. Its sad, but it seems like every road is a dead end for people who are constantly riddiculed and messed with.

Yea, I was raised that way. I was bullied and would come home and cry sometimes about it, or sad about it. Even my next door neighbor would do it. One day I was playing street hockey with said neighbor and my best friend. I was made fun of and came inside all pissed off and upset. My father caught wind of it and said "Enough is enough. If you let him keep doing this it will never stop. Take matter into your own hands if you have to. Stand up for yourself." Now I wasn;t gonna shoot the kid, but I knew what that meant. Couple days later playing street hockey again, he flapped his lips and I got into a fight with him.

Moral of the story, show you're not some push over and people will think twice about it. With girls it is different I know. I will raise my kids the same way I was raised. Violence does not solve problems, but sometimes in certain situations something has to be done.

I would rather me/my kids, get in trouble with other parents/teachers/police/society for standing up for themselves if it will save me/my kid from committing suicide or get into drugs/alcohol.

But it all starts with the parents. If they don't rule with a iron fist (not beating kids) and instill respect and what is right and wrong in their kids then you wll always have these issues.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
I see your point about sucky parents. It blows my mind sometimes. I made it about halfway through that video...IMO it was her dumb ass choice to flash people on a webcam, was that not the underlying reason of her depression/drugs/issues??? Yes she was "bullied" but she agreed on her own to show her t!ts to random people on a webcam. Your fault. Maybe this makes me sound like a dick but you should have been smart enough even for a 15 year old in today's society. Kids, due to social media, are a lot more mature and know enough.

I do agree of her bringing the attention on by herself, from reading, sounds like she may have shown here lady parts a couple of times. However, this does not give anyone the right to bully someone to the point of that person committing suicide. I know younger children making many of dumb mistakes, some worse than others.

I do feel it is up to the parent to instill values, I do not want my daughter to grow up and feel that is is ok to bully someone because of a mistake, or a belief etc. I also do not want her to accept it and not stand up for herself if she is bullied. I do agree that if you do not stand up for yourself, the bullying will continue, but I have also read stories about kids that have stood up to the bully and it made it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread