Very Nice Audi....

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I bought this car because I wanted to change jobs and I used to have a company car. But now the new job I'm taking also has a company car so I can't justify keeping this one. I absolutely love this car! and I asked the company to do a car allowance but apparently its cheaper for them just to give me a car.
The car I will be selling is a 2001 Audi A6 4.2L V8 Quattro. For anyone not familiar with these cars the 4.2 has widened fender flares, door blades along the bottom and larger/wider wheels and tires. The car has 44.5k on it now and I estimate it will be about 55k at the time of sale. This particular car is loaded with every option possible at the time including:
1. Sport Package: lower stiffer suspension bigger wheels and race style front seats.
2. Winter Package: Heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, ski sack
3. Premium Package: Power moonroof, pull up shades on the rear side windows and a power shade for the rear window, xenon lights.
4. Guidance Package: Navigation system and back up sensors.
This is by far the nicest car to drive I've ever owned. the V8 has plenty of power for a 4 door sedan and the quattro not only pulls effortlessly through the snow, but wraps the car around a corner with ease. Kelly blue book private party value is over 17k... I plan to ask right around 15k. For a car that was 53k new and has such low miles I think it's fair.
2940.gif
3113_4.gif

f9f1_4.gif

f9f3_4.gif

f9f7_4.gif

30c9_4.gif

Last edited:

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
I actually owned one of these... it was a nightmare.
Yes, its fast, but it is an absolute fortune to fix, and it often had costly problems.

Yours is alot cleaner looking than mine was... mone had 10k miles on it when i bought it a year old.

To me this looks like a really nice fun tourer.

Good luck with the sale:beer:

SVTowner2B

Established Member
This car is unbelievebly fun to drive, I don't know if yours was the 4.2 or the 2.7 turbo.
I know alot of people say there is some maintenence with the turbo models, the 4.2 is a solid reliable car with not nearly as much to go wrong.

the deuce

Do you have more pics? Would it be possible to talk you into driving the cobra in May? I'm moving to Chicago 5/1 and need something other than one of my Mustangs for a DD.

Edit: Didn't realize I was that much of a lurker over here. Post #1!!

SVTowner2B

Established Member
We may be able to work something out, where do you live now? What other pics do you want? I can take any you need. For some reason the interior looks much lighter than it actually is in these pics. It's actually really dark almost black.

Last edited:

the deuce

I live in Southern California currently. Do you have the right rear 3/4, trunk and/or other interior pictures? Maybe the cluster and center stack. That looks like the charcoal interior, which I've seen in person. I have a couple friends out here with 4.2 a6, its definately a nice car.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I'll get a couple dash and cluster pics. I haven't taken any yet and the family is here for easter. I'll get them as soon as I can. Everything is clean, there is no wear marks on the buttons or anything and all the LED's work.

the deuce

Did you get a chance to get those interior pics? I've been looking around while I was in Chicago this weekend and suprisingly the cars here have been beat on pretty hard.

Am I correct in thinking the premium package includes the backup sensor? I forgot how much I hate parallel parking.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
Sorry for the delay My internet was down for a couple days switching from verizon to comcast. but anyway there are the interior pics and yes the car does have the parking sensors they are included in the same package as the navigation.

the deuce

Thanks for the additional pictures, I've been stuck w/o internet access since my last post also. The car looks great.

stangman4610

Established Member
this might be a stupid questions, but i don't know Audi's very well....
Where is the navigation system ????
You mention it in your o.p. but I don't see it in the pictures??

Users who are viewing this thread