Very low cost mods, how much hp?

Emil

Established Member
Can you guys give me some hp estimates on what a K&N FIPK and 3.20 pulley would give me? Looking for the lowest cost mods possible and I'd like to keep it at the same exhaust sound level that it is right now (stock). Does 40hp sound about right?
Thanks

sam

Established Member
more like 30 tops. the filter is a good choice, but i would not change the pulley just yet. its very hard to remove by yourself, so that's a job you only want to do once. A better choice right now would be filter first, catback exhaust next. then pulley with proper chip tune together. then you can go with your first pulley choice safely instead of the compromising size you are trying to use now. your total hp gain would then be at least 80. patients.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you're looking for bang for the buck, I know a guy who had a shop cut out his mufflers and put in replacement pipe and put a drop in K&N, not FIPK, and put down 401 rwhp, I think his torque was around 370ish though. So I would go bang for the buck that way, OR get a UPR X pipe and FIPK... I agree with others, I wouldn't pay for and put time in for a pulley that will just be swapped out later.. BTW no mufflers sounded pretty mean...

Users who are viewing this thread