very confused with this kenne bell! help pls

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
well yall probably dont recognize me but i have been watching the forums for a while now. especially since i bouught my ox white termi this past feb. im in iraq now. these are the mods that the car has that i bought it with. . .Accufab TB
NGK spark plugs
Spec Clutch Stage 3+ (26 spline)
Spec Steel Flywheel
Billet Flow 2.93
Reichard Racing Manual Tensioner
Metco 100mm idler
2 LFP 100mm auxilery idlers
1 LFP 90mm auxilery idler
MPH Custom Oil Catch
Steeda Battery Relocation kitKenne Bell 2.8H@ 19lbs
Kenne Bell billet boost bypass valve
LFP Aluminum Race radiator
LFP Coolant expansion tank
LFP Intercooler expansion resevior
LFP Perfect Flow Head Cooling Mod
Gords Heat exchanger
Steeda CAI
Ford GT pumps
CPR Rails
Braided lines
Upgraded FPDM
60LB injectors
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
SCT Xcaliber 2 programmer
Solid Axle (stock)
Liberty Gears 26 spline imput shaft
MGW Shifter
Hurst Line Lock
QA1 tubular K member
QA1 Coil over

i bought the car already modified to save myself some money. im not so sure i made the best choice. the car was puchased claiming dyno numbers of :644/618 @ 21*- Race Gas - Hot
626/585 @ 18*-Pump Gas - Cold
605/580 @ 18*-Pump Gas - Hot
but im from anderson sc. .and im sure most of you have heard of amazon tuning (ats) well his shop is in my home county. so i took my car to him to make sure all the tuning was safe. (this car was tuned by modular power house) i dont know what type of dyno mph uses but rick uses a mustang dyno. so the car was put on the dyno and lets just say i was quickly let down. the car only made like 540hp to the wheels at around 19lbs. rick says that the big areas of lack of power are the timing is very low, and he said he didnt like the voltage of the maf (stock maf with an extender)

now here is my biggest question and concern. yes my engine internals are stock but is it not possible to see around 650 to the wheels? is this to much to ask for lol? na j/p but seriously how much power can be made with the NON mammoth or bohemoth 2.8 that i have @my 19lb boost level? i really want as close as i can get to 650hp. hey i appreciate any help in advance.
here are my big questions

1.how much power can i make on my stock engine with this 2.8?
2.if i cant get around the 650rwhp i really would like to have what will it take to get there? (safely)
3.is it safe to spary at the power levels i have now/and the power i want? and if so how much?
4.what gears do these twin screw cars like? (my car has the 327 gears in it from the gt axle that is in the car.)

(the guy who put the straight axle in the car did not have it built) so im having built while im here in iraq. and my dad is gonna weld the torque boxes in while im here.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
well at 19 lbs on a conservative tune i put down 600 rwhp and 510 rwtq with about the same mods. on my race tune at 22 lbs i can expect an increase of 45-60 rwhp and rwtq. and this is from a very conservative tune with 17 degrees timing for the street and my race tune only using 19 degrees.

GodStang

Established Member
Behemoth inlet will get you around 50-60rwhp on the same boost.

I have 4.10 gears and hate them. Getting to that much power you may be better with 3.27s or 3.55s.

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
well at 19 lbs on a conservative tune i put down 600 rwhp and 510 rwtq with about the same mods. on my race tune at 22 lbs i can expect an increase of 45-60 rwhp and rwtq. and this is from a very conservative tune with 17 degrees timing for the street and my race tune only using 19 degrees.

so what type of dyno wsa ur car tuned on? a mustang dyno or dynojet? whats the difference between the 2?

i8urSS

Established Member
i dont know if i would trust the stock maf either tho. i pegged out the stock maf with a stock blower and a 2.76 pulley. and as for gears i wouldn't go above 3.55.
mustang dyno's always put out lower numbers than a dyno jet. but they usually make for better tuning. 540 on a mustang dyno could very well equate to 605 on a dyno jet. i'm not sure of the specifics on the difference but i think its like a 15% difference in numbers

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
I made 647 on a 2.2 w/ 22psi and that was before we had a real tune on it... I think when it was all said and done we were close to 675 RWHP SAE corrected....

yes it can be done!!!

GodStang

Established Member
so how much does it cost to swap to the bohemeth? u know what i have now . .

There are so many different ways to do the Behemoth setup. I did mine for $1500 since I custom did all my stuff. Some people have spent close to $3K and bought everything done already.

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
I made 647 on a 2.2 w/ 22psi and that was before we had a real tune on it... I think when it was all said and done we were close to 675 RWHP SAE corrected....

yes it can be done!!!

well if in fact this is true then i need to figure out what im going to have to do to get there!!!! an if it can be done on pump gas then i may just keep this s/c a lil longer after all.

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
There are so many different ways to do the Behemoth setup. I did mine for $1500 since I custom did all my stuff. Some people have spent close to $3K and bought everything done already.

do you care to go into a lil more detail here. . i seen you on mph. . do you know a ryan king?

GodStang

Established Member
do you care to go into a lil more detail here. . i seen you on mph. . do you know a ryan king?

Thats not me on MPH. No I do not know a Ryan King.

What I mean by price is I installed the inlet myself, I made my own CAI, and I used parts from the junk yard to save money. Doing all that in the end cost me $1500. Some guys get the high end CAI and get the massive TB that has to have custom linkage to get it to work. This runs near $3K.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
so why dont you have your car re tuned?

then go from there....

and i think it is easy with stock engine to get 650+ to the rear tires with a 2.8h!!!

Users who are viewing this thread