VertGt Vs Gt and Mach1...what the hell

Swaie

Established Member
Okay I have a 2000 auto,vert GT. Mods: UPR catted Xpipe, weld on flowmasters, BBK intake, zex 100 shot. And I got my a$$ tore out the frame by a Mach1. The mach1 mods were ORX, intake, magnaflow catback. From a roll at 40 mph. My bottle pressure was at 900psi. I mean it wasn't even close. I would say imagine a stock 5 speed v6 racing an auto gt vert. That's how bad he beat me. Then I race a mustang gt hard top, auto ORX, SLP LM. I got him out of the hole, but he came around me hard on the topend. Do I need to get rid of those cats and get a real cat back? I didn't think cats and a catback made that much of a difference.

Swaie

Established Member
Also I don't have a nitrous tune, but I don't think it would have made up the difference that he beat me by. I only sprayed the mach. I raced the GT N/A.

Last edited:

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
IMO, unless you have work done to your tranny like a shift kit, on the street the manual trans car with a good driver will win every time. You also should get a tune. You will see night and day differences.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Those Mach's can be sneaky. Gears will definately help you out. Gotta remember, Mach's come with 3.55s from the factory, and the gearinf from 1st-3rd is better than a Terminator (talking from a dig) Most people just think the Mach is a GT with a kit, but us enthusiests know its not. Also get it tuned and watch ur A/F make sure your not leaning out or cutting out at the top end

Users who are viewing this thread