Vert SFCs

maoun

Established Member
What subframe connectors do people recommend. I'm looking at those from MM but they don't cross the car like i've heard some do.

Any recs?

I want this thing as stiff as possible :)

Marwane.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
What are you looking for MM Full Length subframe connectors are definitely one of the best subframe connectors you can buy. They are only really superceded by the Griggs in-floor subframe connector which is very invasive. Some that get to that level actually sometimes make there own subframes out of larger boxed steel.

maoun

Established Member
i don't want to do the griggs frame rails....too invasive...i agree

i want good full-length (MM) + jacking rails (??) + cross braces (side to side across the car ???)

any ideas on the latter two?
thanks
m.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
i don't want to do the griggs frame rails....too invasive...i agree

i want good full-length (MM) + jacking rails (??) + cross braces (side to side across the car ???)

any ideas on the latter two?
thanks
m.

The good full-length is MM and it has a cross brace that reinforces the seats.

Jacking rails will do minimum if anything to increase frame rigidity.

I don't know what cross braces you are talking about, but it is not standard practice to connect the driver and passenger subframes together. Doing so would require some major customization and I doubt would be worth any increase in rigidity.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> maoun: note: my griggs installer is rec'ing mm over grc

Politics @ B&D, no doubt ;-) . Take a look at ntechnic's setup. Primo.

maoun

Established Member
well, i've heard a lot of people say they prefer the mm over the grc either way...

i wanted the jacking rails for convenience....any way to put them over the MM full-length? if so, which ones should i buy

thanks
m.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Unless they have compared the two side by side - visually and by the numbers - no way MM over the GRC subframes. I was adamant about going with MMs until I saw the light...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The jacking rails and subframe connectors mount at two seperate locations.

The blue boxes are where the subframes mount. The red ones are the jacking rails.

maoun

Established Member
really....you have any good pictures of each?

i trust your opinion, so, any clue as to why most people rec the mm?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Unless they have compared the two side by side - visually and by the numbers - no way MM over the GRC subframes. I was adamant about going with MMs until I saw the light...

I wouldn't say no way they are really very close in comparision. I would actually venture to bet that GRC took MM subframes and copied them making some minor modifications. The modification being the GRC have a step at the rear torque boxes and the MM don't. The GRC might provide better ground clearence in the middle of the car, but I don't think that design is superior to the longer straight span of the MM. Other then that they look exactly the same down to the location of the side frame supports.

Now I think the matrix type design with integrated jacking rails that ntechnic has is awesome. If that is not a one off and they actually sell that I want it to put on my car to increase the rigidity of my MM subframes.

SFC102.JPG

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
really....you have any good pictures of each?

i trust your opinion, so, any clue as to why most people rec the mm?

Take a look at this.
ntechnic website with GRC subframes

I don't think he will mind me linking it. If he does I am sorry.

Here are the MM on my car.
Front
attachment.php

Middle
attachment.php

Back
attachment.php

Here is the MM 4-point k-member brace which you should get also.
attachment.php

KHsonic03

Established Member
Did the guy on that site weld on the subframes using a two post lift???!!! If he did, that's a big no no.:nono:

maoun

Established Member
i'm getting the griggs k-member....will that k-mem brace still work?

i like ntechnic's setup.....so i guess maybe i'll have my shop custom something for me.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by KHsonic03
Did the guy on that site weld on the subframes using a two post lift???!!! If he did, that's a big no no.:nono:

I totally missed that. :thumbsup:

Never use a frame lift to mount subframe connectors only a muffler shop style drive-on lift. Your frame will not be straight and you are mounting reinforcement to keep it that way. I actually checked my car before the subframes on a frame lift and it was noticeably not straight at the door seams and the doors didn't open and close right. It was a PIA, but I finally found a muffler guy in my area to do mine.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
i'm getting the griggs k-member....will that k-mem brace still work?

i like ntechnic's setup.....so i guess maybe i'll have my shop custom something for me.

Probably not. I am actually planning on doing the Griggs K-member also, just not yet. I have the full MM suspension except for the k-member on my car now.

Users who are viewing this thread