Vert or Coupe?

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
I'm really torn on this. I plan to build up a badass 94-95 5.0 in the near future. I have a black 95 5.0 convertible right now, but I'm thinking of getting a coupe. I like having the drop top here in sunny Arizona, but at the same time it detracts from its sportiness. I'm wondering if the lack of chassis stability and higher weight would be significant if I were to build up a fast car. I don't plan on going higher than 500rwhp or therabouts.

What do you guys think? Is it worth building up a vert to go fast or should I just get the coupe?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Don't know, but here's some info for you. I was recently talking with a salesman near you - he had build # 2 or 3, of a '95 Cobra Coupe (Rio Red).

Dan

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
If you want nothing more to race then go with a coupe. you can make a vert very ridge it takes some work. and also it is easier to hide a roll cage in a coupe then it is in a vert. I thought i would never have a vert always wanted a coupe but i love my vert and will try to always have one now. :pepper: :pepper:

95cobby

Established Member
I would also get a coupe. I love the way they look without the ragtop that will eventully get all worn out and maybe even torn. I just put the windows down and go, I see no point in taking the roof off. Then again you do live in AZ...

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Do both! In 95 Ford made 499 Cobras w/ removable hardtops. Or you can get a a regular vert and get the hardtop from an aftermarket company.

Lee

Established Member
The "hard top convertibles" are no more structurally sound than regular convertibles. And they're even heavier, with the hard top installed, than the heavy convertible. Like someone already said, if you want a "race car" get a coupe. I too love convertibles! I will eventaully add KB to my 95 2-top so that it can keep up with the 300 hp sedans that are coming out of Japan now. The only real solution is to keep your convertible and add a coupe to your stable! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1BD SNK

Established Member
Go with vert if you have the cash

Love mine and have 6 point cage and alot of power :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread