Vert Handling

03blackvert

Established Member
My 'vert has an interesting behavior, and I want to see if other vert people notice the same thing, and/or if the coupes have the same issue.

If you corner "hard", my vert seems to have "two" types of roll. That is, I'll feel one roll axis "stop" first, and then a fraction of a second later another roll axis stop. While the car always stays planeted, it's quite unsettling. I can't tell if this is a vert (more body flex, differnt rates front and back) thing, or a my car thing, or a '03 cobra in general thing.

Has anyone else noticed this, and more importantly made it go away? How did you do it? I've experimented with tire pressures all over the place so far, but that's as far as I've gone.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i've had the same feeling in hard turns at speed. i drive in the mountains out here quite often and noticed it right away. it feels similar to a live axle mustang w/ binding upper control arms (just about ready to give you some snap oversteer). i lowered the car w/ h&r's (about 200+ lbs over stock) and it still does it w/ the stock wheels. i have noticed, however, that when i put on my 18" wheels and 35 series tires, the "double roll" is significantly less or non-existent. it could be the flexing of the 40 series stock tires. i know a few guys w/ verts here have significantly altered their suspension (maoun comes to mind) - maybe they can pipe in.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
have some MM full length subs welded in and the car will have a much more solid feel.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
:thumbsup: Yup the MM full length subs cleaned up the annoying little cornering flex and as an added bonus the car launches better too.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
For what its worth
I noticed some different feeling like that also but when you think about how hard your cornining and think about looking at your car from the side with teh doors open. just think of those 2 masses held to gether bye a floor pan. That Ford light bulb will come on.

Btw I did add a light bar and seem to help some differnt flexes in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread