Vert Driver side window issue

GearShifter

Established Member
The weirdest thing happened on my way to work this morning.

Just before I left for work, I pressed the button to put the drivers window down and something fell inside the door that I can only assume came from the window assembly.

I will definitely open it up when I get home, but it is bugging the hell out of me wondering what it might have been...

The window still went back up, but I don't want to risk bringing it back down yet to find out it wont go back up. We're expecting rain here today ...

Anyone have any guesses to what the hell could have possibly fallen inside there? :shrug:

Jason

GearShifter

Established Member
something falling inside of the door panel is likely the window alignment?

What piece would have fallen? It was a rather loud crashing sound lol...

GearShifter

Established Member
Alright,

Turns out it is the track that holds onto the window. I felt around the bottom of the door panel and picked up this black metal part that obviously connects to the bottom of the door.

Looks like I'll just have to get the whole friggen window replaced:rollseyes

Just when you start house shopping, things start hitting the fan...

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Was it the front black metal part? Mine came off quite a while ago. The window will still work w/o it, but I never roll the window all the way us unless my door is closed. Let me know where you find a window. I've been putting it off because I'm not sure how well my window tint can be matched (it was tinted when I bought it). Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread