Vermont State Troopers

magnumxl4

Established Member
ohh, i applied for the job and passed the written and physical and was wondering what i should expect from the oral board as i have not yet taken one. and how many people on average go to the academy

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Most Oral Boards are the same, they confirm the info on your application, ask you a bunch of standardized question and then specific questions and usually scenario based questions. The most important thing is to be honest and dont try to BS the board, they will know.

Have they done your B.I. yet? If they have spent the money on the B.I., then they want you. If the B.I. has not been done yet, then you are still a ways off.

Good Luck.

magnumxl4

Established Member
yea im mailing in the Bi this week ts due by the 20th and my interview is the 28th, after the oral board is the polygraph followed by a medical exam

FordSVTFan

Established Member
The B.I. is the Background Investigation, since you are mailing in the info that means it hasnt started. So you have too big hurdles, the B.I. and the Polygraph.

Good luck.

magnumxl4

Established Member
thanks, but i dont think ive done anything so terrible as to that either of those would disqualify me from the position

FordSVTFan

Established Member
B.I. doesnt necessarily reveal "terrible" things. More often than not, they reveal inconsistencies and lack of candor.

Users who are viewing this thread