Verizon Wireless Help

760-MPH

Established Member
Girlfriend broke her $200 phone - no insurance.

I tried to go to VW tonight after work to buy her a cheap phone and thought i could get the discount if i was willing to renew my contract for 2 years - I was wrong. They said i had to pay full retail price.

So with that said, can i buy any verizon unlocked phone on ebay and have VW activate it for me? Does any1 know how much this is (activation)??

I am looking for the cheapest avail option as i will be damned if she gets a good phone. In fact, i already warned her that i might have her going around looking like Zach Morris

zackmorrisphone-10128.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member

I tried to go to VW tonight after work to buy her a cheap phone and thought i could get the discount if i was willing to renew my contract for 2 years - I was wrong. They said i had to pay full retail price.

So with that said, can i buy any verizon unlocked phone on ebay and have VW activate it for me? Does any1 know how much this is (activation)??

I am looking for the cheapest avail option as i will be damned if she gets a good phone. In fact, i already warned her that i might have her going around looking like Zach Morris

You can buy any Verizon phone off of ebay and activate it online through the ESN changer utility. You don't even need to call customer service. I'd look at the Motorola e815. If you're in a pinch, go to Wal-Mart and buy any prepaid Verizon cell. You can then add it to your existing account through the same utility.

ponyracer

Established Member
How long did she have the phone? My Daughter threw her phone that was 6 months old and they replaced it under some program that gives you a new phone during your contract. Most verizon reps dont know about this. make sure you are actually talking to a Verizon employee and not some one that is working for a contractor through verizon.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

thats a nice phone you got her, how did she break that thing, run over it?? lol

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
All Verizon phones comes with a 1 year warranty that covers everything except for abuse. Make sure if it's under one year old to go into a Verizon Wireless store PROPER, not one of the kiosks.

Also, if that doesn't work, you can call or go into a store and ask for a no contract handset replacement . Normally runs 90.00 for a no frills unit....

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I just quit working for them a month ago. Go to the store and do an early upgrade There motto is to always take care of the customer. You renew and get the 2 yr price. The jackass behind the counter dosn't want to do it because he dosn't get paid and it counts against his quota. Thats why I quit I couldnt handle those people never wanting to help anyone. Just because they were not getting commission thats why they get paid hourly. Oh yeh def make sure it is a corporate store not authorized agent.

760-MPH

Established Member
She had it for 8months. She dropped it in the toilet and had to put her hand in her own piss before it went down the drain.

It was her fault - not trying to scam a free phone but your right the Verizon employee was not helpful at all. I wasn't trying to get anything for free.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
you can activate online or for a 10$ fee at the store, go to a true verizon store for real help, and look for an older person or someone that looks helpful, half the people are just looking for a commission.

Users who are viewing this thread