Verizon Wireless Employment

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Does anyone know much about Verizon wireless as a company as far as how they structure their compensation packages etc?

Currently i am a Service Director for Harley Davidson motor co. Have been there 5years and love my job, work is rewarding and has its of advantages such as free work environment and challenging sales situations.

My compensation is around 45k yrly. We get health ins but it sucks, my wife is a pharm d. So our health ins is through walgreens so benefits are nil as far as the job goes.

My opportunity:

Close friend of mine has a Verizon wireless franchise and wants me to join his sales team. He says a poor salesman (in store) easily makes 45-50k including.commissions. Says a good one can make 60-65k

I would love to do it but i can't take a step down in pay, l am an aggressive salesman and would like a new opportunity if he is.accurately describing the pay..

So finally, anyone know about whether or not this info is accurate and how the job security is?

thanks guys

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It's commission so it's not really a bonus.

When I started at at&t in 2007 red reps made the most money. 125k if you were good. Then in 2008 they redid their comp plans and pay plummeted. A lot of red reps flew to at&t to make good money.

It's hard work. lol

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Had a guy explain the difference between Harley's and cars/-any other sales.. Harley's are a pleasure item and people come to you with that attitude where everything else is usually a necessary item and aren't happy to be there.. I know I feel bad for the people working at Verizon that I rip their ass, if it was me I would stay where you are

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Is it for Verizon or a Authorized Retailer?

It would be for an actual verizon wireless store. It is in a strip mall setting, but it free standing in its own parking lot and building.

I haven't ever worked for a wireless company before, thats why I am wondering what to expect as far as the pay goes.

I guess what I am wanting to know is, are the sales quotas realistic, and some insight on how the commission breaks down. I realize it may be different in every area, but like all car dealerships pay per unit sold, and for gross held on the front end for the salesman. On top of that they usually get a monthly kick for how many they sell if it surpasses a certain number..

I know nothing, and my friend who has the franchise in a neighboring town is telling me that the money is very good, and that the opportunity for advancement and for a career not just a job are great.

I just want to make sure he isn't just trying to get me the job, is he shooting me straight?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Well wireless companies are feeling quite broke right now so comp plans have been shrinking.

First 6 months I worked for at&t I made 67 gross. Following year about 98 and about the same till I left.

You're gonna work in a mall store. It never closes. You won't be able to take any vacation from Black Friday till the first week in January.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Go to howardforums and head over to the employee section. You'll see the gripes of working for a retail cell.

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Well wireless companies are feeling quite broke right now so comp plans have been shrinking.

First 6 months I worked for at&t I made 67 gross. Following year about 98 and about the same till I left.

You're gonna work in a mall store. It never closes. You won't be able to take any vacation from Black Friday till the first week in January.

The store I will be working at is on its own like an Advance Auto or similar..

Will this be the same type of sales environment?

2608 East Stone Drive
Kingsport, TN 37660

Address of store

If they pay is anything like you are stating, I would be happy with the move I believe. I am highly motivated by the flow of the dollar.

How is the training? Do you get paid on the hour to go or do you need to have a nest egg set aside? Havent thought of that one yet ;)

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Had a guy explain the difference between Harley's and cars/-any other sales.. Harley's are a pleasure item and people come to you with that attitude where everything else is usually a necessary item and aren't happy to be there.. I know I feel bad for the people working at Verizon that I rip their ass, if it was me I would stay where you are

Everyone that I deal with either has a problem with their 25k + play toy that they didnt get to enjoy the past weekend, or they aren't happy with one of my employees etc.

It isn't cake, Let me assure you. When people come into a verizon store, I would imagine that they are a few hundred dollars angry or frustrated, not 25k.

I could be wrong, but if I am it would be the first time... ask my wife, lol

Users who are viewing this thread