Verdict's in......

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Had the new cammed now 20 lbs Whipple 93 octane "Termi" dynoed at Lidio's yesterday. Boost dropped from 23 to 20-21.

After the drivabilty issues were figured out, the first true pull made 656.1/618.1 @ 11.5 AFR 18 degrees timing

Richened it up to 11.2 AFR made 659.7/616.1 17 degrees of timing

To be really safe the timing was brought down to 16 degrees 645.5/634 and that is where she sits.

Race gas timing was set to 22 degrees (added 6), probably seeing around 680-690 (put 651 to the wheel with race gas tuned to 11.6 AFR).

So am seeing roughly the same HP/TQ with 93 pump + cams as I saw with race gas without cams with all else equal (5 degrees weather difference). The cams are worth 20-30 RWHP difference give or take a few.

Lope is bad ass, mild classical cam sound that shakes the engine and car at idle. SOB pulls like a frieght train between 2500-5500....

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
No doubt, you DA MAN:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So what was the $/HP?

Darn shame we won't see it in action until next year.:cryying::cryying:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
How will you ever get it to hook up with that much torque??

You need AWD?

I was shocked, we took it on a road test, from a 30 roll in 2nd Lidio ripped through the gears to 4th, tires stuck, no hesitation between shifts, nearly pooped my pants.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I was shocked, we took it on a road test, from a 30 roll in 2nd Lidio ripped through the gears to 4th, tires stuck, no hesitation between shifts, nearly pooped my pants.

Lidio likes to DRIVE!
1567d1114050033-wtf-driving.gif

What kind of tires are you running now?

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wow! Very nice! Been looking for a way to get my numbers up and stay on 93. Cams, and Lope sound like a perfect way. What cams did you go with? Also what pully combo, Upper / Lower?

Thanks!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Lidio likes to DRIVE!
1567d1114050033-wtf-driving.gif

What kind of tires are you running now?

Nitto 315 DR which are almost to the wear indicator

Wow! Very nice! Been looking for a way to get my numbers up and stay on 93. Cams, and Lope sound like a perfect way. What cams did you go with? Also what pully combo, Upper / Lower?

Thanks!

Crower Stage 3 blower, 3.00 Whipple/4 pound Metco lower

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Lidio is tuning my car tuesday if I don't encounter gremlins when I try to start it tomorrow or sunday. We'll see what crower 3's do with the eaton. A whipple is in the future but for now the eaton will have to do. The blower will hold it back I'm sure even with raised compression and ported/polished heads.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Lidio is tuning my car tuesday if I don't encounter gremlins when I try to start it tomorrow or sunday. We'll see what crower 3's do with the eaton. A whipple is in the future but for now the eaton will have to do. The blower will hold it back I'm sure even with raised compression and ported/polished heads.

Good luck with the tune. I'm sure she will make some power. Post-up your numbers. Is your blower ported? If so, you thinking round 530-550 RWHP?

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Good luck with the tune. I'm sure she will make some power. Post-up your numbers. Is your blower ported? If so, you thinking round 530-550 RWHP?

Stage 4 steg 2.76 upper 4 lb. lower. I don't know what to expect to be honest. I know it will make more power but how much I don't know. P/P heads, cams, ported lower intake, oversize valves and 9.5 to 1 compression ratio. I started it today so I can bleed the cooling system and top off the fluid levels. It wouldn't start at first because the fuel pumps weren't coming on. I quickly traced it down to a broken standoff (battery positive for the fuel pumps). I used a jumper cable clamp to correct that temporarily then the fuel pumps did their thing. One fuel leak at the driver side rail fixed by tightening the fitting a little. After that another leak at the fuel filter which I will get to tomorrow. I have to wire the oil psi and fuel psi guages and mount them, interior has to go back in, coilovers need to be dialed in and thats about it. It sounded really badass when it started up and ran. 11 quarts of oil is what it takes when I sorted it all out, it won't be cheap when I switch to amsoil. I'll post up a vid and dyno sheet from lidio. When lidio tuned it before it was 479hp/472tq about 3 years ago before I pulled the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread