Ventus RS2 315/30/18'S

mineralrob

Established Member
Getting these mounted up tomorrow. Was curious if anyone is running them and how are they. I had Nitto 305/35/18 DR's before and i liked them but was hoping to get a lil more life out of the ventus's. For the price it seems to be a good deal. I guess i'll find out tomorrow night how good they are.

Hankook Ventus R-S2

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
I looked at those (in a smaller size) for my fronts, but ended up goin with BFG KDW's. Those look like a nice tire, and Hankook is far from a no-name brand, so they should do you fine.

OT: how ya been? Haven't seen you in the off season, my car is almost back together, then its off for an alignment, a tiny bit of paint work, and a tune before carlisle :thumbsup: You cruising up with us again this year?

mineralrob

Established Member
I looked at those (in a smaller size) for my fronts, but ended up goin with BFG KDW's. Those look like a nice tire, and Hankook is far from a no-name brand, so they should do you fine.

OT: how ya been? Haven't seen you in the off season, my car is almost back together, then its off for an alignment, a tiny bit of paint work, and a tune before carlisle :thumbsup: You cruising up with us again this year?

I've been better but i'm doing alright lol. Been doing alot of R/c car racing over the winter. Yea i'm def heading up to Carlisle!. When do u expect ur car to be back on the road?

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
I was going to get them from Discount last month when I got new tires, but then the guy showed me the Kumho XS which is also made in a 315. I ended up getting the Kumho because I was more than pleased with the MX's that I had before, but mainly because the Kumho run a bit wider and they have a softer compound than the Ventus. Once you get them mounted up let us know what you think as 315's at a reasonable price are tough to find.

95riosnake

Established Member
I've been better but i'm doing alright lol. Been doing alot of R/c car racing over the winter. Yea i'm def heading up to Carlisle!. When do u expect ur car to be back on the road?

I'm thinkin mid april it will be out of paint, so it'll be driveable at that point, i'm shooting for getting it tuned before the end of april:beer:

mineralrob

Established Member
I was going to get them from Discount last month when I got new tires, but then the guy showed me the Kumho XS which is also made in a 315. I ended up getting the Kumho because I was more than pleased with the MX's that I had before, but mainly because the Kumho run a bit wider and they have a softer compound than the Ventus. Once you get them mounted up let us know what you think as 315's at a reasonable price are tough to find.

Yea will do. I saw the kumhos and wanted those but they were a lil bit more $$. I do like the tread pattern on the kumhos though.

Last edited:

mineralrob

Established Member
:mj::cuss:Well they should've been mounted by now but the tire place F%$%!! the one tire. They ripped the bead mounting the tire. They ordered me one and it should be here today or tomorrow. Funny thing about the whole thing is that when they came out they said""oh we cant get it mounted" .So i'm like whatever i'll take it somewhere else. When i went somewhere else there like the beads ripped in 2 places. I went back and they were nice about it and took care of it. Needless to say i wont be getting the new tire mounted there!!:nonono: So my cars sitting on jackstands with 1 back wheel on it.(they were able to get 1 mounted)

deadbeatrec

Established Member
i have them on my 04 ZO6 right now and so far so good. same size too.

fixed_zed2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread