ventura county detail day 2/9/08

nerdman

Established Member
hey guys whats up. well this is a spin off from the "detail pads in ventura county" thread, http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446252 . i came up with a date that would work with my schedule and patrick from excel details schedule, 2-9-08. we plan on meeting up at 8 am or 9am. give us ideas on what you guys would like, and maybe we can all get together and throw a little bbq. like i said, this is to get ideas and try to get something going. but that is the date that would work the best. i mean, if this goes good, i am more than happy to open my shop once a moth to do this, maybe we can get a kool little parking lot show goin. i dont know. well, there it is, ideas and input are more than welcome. oh, i forgot to add, this will be held at LINE-X of Conejo valley in newbury park. 3833 old conejo rd. newbury park ca, 91320. and i just met up with patrcik from excel and my other buddy jack, they both think that we can pik a car that needs some detailing, and use maybe the hood or trunk, and show you guys step by step how to repair and simply what products are recommended to keep your cars looking clean. i think it can be a good hands on experience. like i said in the old thread, its just another excuse for mustang guys to get together and talk cars for a while.

here is a little list to get things going. if you want to go, just so we can get a head count, copy the list and add your name in your post, and then ill copy it and keep adding the list to this post.. thanks guys. we were also thinking that maybe we can all pitch in for meat and drinks and get a kool bbq goin. or now that i think about it, or it may be easier if we all just pitch in for some pizza, that way we wont be left with a bunch of meat or not enough, and then i can run out and grab sum drinks.

1. Ernie - gt
2. Tom - cobra
3. Rusty - gt
4. patrick - excel detail
5. jack - detailer
6. jose - fox
7. al - bullit
8. joseph - cobra
9. nelos - mach 1
10 steve-my buddy,owner of star paint & body
11. Glenn - Cobra
12. Julie - GT/CS14.
13. mike - gt
14. noah - fox
15. Luis - GT or the LS
16. Jesse - fox
17. gerlacha

Last edited:

nerdman

Established Member
thanks rusty and tom. maybe we should get a little sign up sheet going, and rusty, i posted it up on stangfreak aswell, under the ventura county section.

Last edited:

nerdman

Established Member
and tom, ill talk to your buddys that live down the street with the green stang and the white cobra, they were at my house the other day asking me about detailing, ill tell them so they can come out as well. but if you see them before me, let them know.

Bullitt207

Established Member
1. Ernie-gt
2. Tom-cobra
3. Rusty-gt
4. patrick -excel detail
5. jack- detailer
6. jose-fox
7. Al - Bullitt

Misfitflesh

Established Member
1. Ernie-gt
2. Tom-cobra
3. Rusty-gt
4. patrick -excel detail
5. jack- detailer
6. jose-fox
7. Al - Bullitt
8. Joseph - cobra

By the way, ive been wanting to get my front bumper re painted and some holes filled in. Do you think I should wait until after the detail day? It looks like crap so maybe it will be a good canidate? (Now that I think of it the whole exterior is starting to look pretty bad):(

nelos04

Established Member
This should be fun and/or educational I could use some detailing ideas..
1. Ernie-gt
2. Tom-cobra
3. Rusty-gt
4. patrick -excel detail
5. jack- detailer
6. jose-fox
7. Al - Bullitt
8. Joseph - cobra
9.Nelo-Mach 1

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
Ok... I've added our cars to the list but, will have to confirm within the next week or so.

1. Ernie-gt
2. Tom-cobra
3. Rusty-gt
4. patrick -excel detail
5. jack- detailer
6. jose-fox
7. Al - Bullitt
8. Joseph - cobra
9.Nelo-Mach 1
10. Glenn - Cobra
11. Julie - GT/CS

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
:dw:how come you get the cobra and she gets the gt?

Yeeesh, that Cobra has too much testosterone in it for me!:rollseyes I love my black GTCS! Glenn can have the blue sonic rocket. Plus the s/c whine makes me hot. :lol1::lol1: Much rather be in the passenger seat!;-)

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
It's a difficult decision in the morning, to leave one of the cars behind! These last couple of days are the first I've seen the GT/CS on the road from the outside. Although each time was at night, watching the car roll down the road was an awesome sight. Can't wait to see her cruising during the day.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
wussy :p
Actually that gt you guys have is really good looking from the pics ive seen.

Hey, I am NOT a wussy!:fm::whine: Just have never driven a car with that much power and I am not going to jump in it and race down the road, ya know? I keep waiting for the day a carload of girls pull up alongside me when I'm driving the GTCS expecting some hot guy and instead they see a woman! :lol::lol: So yeah, the GTCS is a HOT looking car!
DSCF2800%20(Medium).JPG

Last edited:

nerdman

Established Member
kool, good to see people are interisted in this. i think it will be kool. lets try and get some more people, doenst just have to be mustangs. and i know what glen and julie mean by having to choose what to drive. and i feel bad when i leave the nova behind. and vise versa. and what pisses me off is, when im out in the nova i see a bunch of mustang cruising around, and when im in the mustang, i see more m uscle cars cruiing around. i cant win. lol

Misfitflesh

Established Member
It's a difficult decision in the morning, to leave one of the cars behind! These last couple of days are the first I've seen the GT/CS on the road from the outside. Although each time was at night, watching the car roll down the road was an awesome sight. Can't wait to see her cruising during the day.

haha, you know what my difficult decision in the morning is? either drive the mustang that takes premium and eats a bit of gas 18 miles each way to work. Or take the 99 nissan altima which is an auto and has the paint peeling all over. 4cyl that does killer on gas by the way.

Yea so i bring the mustang :banana:

Hey, I am NOT a wussy!:fm::whine: Just have never driven a car with that much power and I am not going to jump in it and race down the road, ya know? I keep waiting for the day a carload of girls pull up alongside me when I'm driving the GTCS expecting some hot guy and instead they see a woman! :lol::lol: So yeah, the GTCS is a HOT looking car!

that is a good looking car, i love the front end on them also.
When i actually went to look at the sb cobra you guys bought :cuss: I was also looking around for one of those gt's.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
...and what pisses me off is, when im out in the nova i see a bunch of mustang cruising around, and when im in the mustang, i see more m uscle cars cruiing around. i cant win. lol

Soooo ... Are you saying that the Mustang is not a muscle car??:??:

nerdman

Established Member
added a couple more to the list. the more the better. tell your other mustang buddies, they dont have to come for the detailing, they can just ome and park and check out the mustangs.

02saleen

Established Member
ernie you should tell andres to go and your brother too....idk if i can make it but if i can ill be there...

Users who are viewing this thread