Ventura County Area

Xjman1

Established Member
How many here from the Ventura County area? Any interest in a get together or know of one locally? I was thinking BJ's Pizza and Microbrewery in Oxnard, some weekend or a Lake Casitas BBQ get together. Can run up the 33 after.
Just getting into this scene and need ideas and input. Let me know where it is at.

Xjman1

Established Member
Meet

Not seeing many here from our area. But I hear there is some weekly deal starting off of Wendy drive in Newbury Park. We could meet there and see if we can recruit a few interested in a get together.

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I believe they start meeting at Wendy Dr either Memorial Day weekend of the week after. They will meet on saturday nights. I will be going there.

Jerome

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
The Wendy drive event is a pretty good place. I went a few times last year and saw some very nice cars. I'll be there. I'm in Oak Park.

Xjman1

Established Member
Was bored too

Went for a cruise down the 101 and came back up PCH. Was a nice night out last night for some top down cruising. Also, a few other locals are going to meet this Thurday, 7PM at BJ's in Oxnard. Start some discussion about getting local events together, etc. Come on by.

Dale-01L

Established Member
Re: Was bored too

Originally posted by Xjman1
meet this Thurday, 7PM at BJ's in Oxnard.

I just may have to run by there. Havent driven the truck in a while...

Is a lowly Lightning welcome? :)

-Dale

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
hey Dale...not sure if u want to run at Famoso again this friday?

bunch of us are heading out...not sure if u can get the fastest ET on a lightning again but for sure ur truck will beat any 03 Cobra's that are attending :beer:

Dale-01L

Established Member
Hey, the truck actually isnt in race-condition.. Im fairly certain ALL of the 03's would beat me :)

Its got a few melted spark-plugs and it lifted a (or both) heads last time at the track..

It drives around on the street fine, just cant really race it.

That is until the new motor goes in :)

I was hoping to have it ready to go by now, but I have been too busy / lazy...

Thanks though!
-Dale

Xjman1

Established Member
Re: Re: Was bored too

Originally posted by Dale-01L
I just may have to run by there. Havent driven the truck in a while...

Is a lowly Lightning welcome? :)

-Dale

Come on by. Would like to check out your Lightning. Thinking about one for myself in the future, but right now I need room for 4 so Jeep will suffice.

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
Hey dale did you have your truck on a flatbed over at in&out a few thursdays ago for the weekly get together over here in porter ranch?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Dale-01L
Hey, the truck actually isnt in race-condition.. Im fairly certain ALL of the 03's would beat me :)

Its got a few melted spark-plugs and it lifted a (or both) heads last time at the track..

It drives around on the street fine, just cant really race it.

That is until the new motor goes in :)

I was hoping to have it ready to go by now, but I have been too busy / lazy...

Thanks though!
-Dale

damn bro. think donte (sp) did that at C-bad one time or was it he just blew a plug thru the damn threads....?

well its no biggy now. DA would of been in the high 2000+F and Famoso changed the TnT till next thursday :bored:

46stang

Established Member
Well i live in moorpark but my blower is on it's way to apten, and i'm getting ready to install my dss level 5 axles. so the cobra is broke for awhile:( I want to get to the track by the end of the month though! hopefully?
Leon

Xjman1

Established Member
Just look for the Stangs

Not really organized but I will be there and try to keep us together. This being the first one we can set the foundation for more to follow. Not sure if how interested most are with meet and greats and if so what frequency?

Dale-01L

Established Member
I guess that can be a topic for discussion tonight :)

I'll just keep my eyes peeled for the cobras in the lot..

If you hear a cammed/catless/straight-through-muffler truck driving through the parking lot, flag me down :)

-Dale

Xjman1

Established Member
Tonights meet

Dale, Good to meet you tonoght and that is one damn sweet Lightning you have there. Just a wrap up of what we discussed:

Well tonight we discussed setting up some local club for Stang, SVT Vehicle(Focus, Cobra, Contour, Lightnings) owners. Goal is to establish some local runs, meets and work towards sharing resources and talent. Will work towards getting discounts locally on parts for club and tool/garage knowledge pools. Please go to Discussion Center(West Coast Forum) for further info.

This is just to centralize communication as most members that showed up tonight were from there.

Joe

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Don't forget ME!! Im in Los Angeles, and have a V6 (car pictured below). IM DOWN 4 a meet, and see you what u cobra guys have :) . Also I was on ventura 2 saturdays ago and saw an 03 SPANK an M3. M3 got a head start, 03 launched on him, and you know the rest. by 2nd gear he had like 1 car length, was it any of you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread