Vehicle Transport

No.474

Established Member
The topic may have been brought up in the past but i need kind of quick help. I purchased a car and scheduled transport with a carrier through Uship. Everything was fine and they were supposed to pick up the car yesterday between 2p-4p. They sent me a message around 11a and asked for a picture of the car, which, no problem. It got to be about 3p and i messaged the seller asking if he had heard from the transport company and he said he had not. So right away I message them and ask if they were going to meet the time they set. They text me back and said they supposedly send me a text at 1p stating they were canceling the pickup due to a death in the family, after we had this set date set for a few days. So I am scrambling around trying to find a reliable company to transport the car from San Antonio, TX to Ohio. Does any have any companies they work with or can point me in the right direction. I paid for the car a week ago and now it is just sitting at the sellers house.

Talleywacker

Established Member
I went with Reliable Carriers to deliver me the cobra (profile pic). I purchased the freight on 4/18 and they picked up yesterday in Indiana and tomorrow at 10am will be dropping the car off. The only problem is I told them the car was 3" lower than stock and they didn't come with a lift gate and while loading punctured a hole in my drivers side muffler

No.474

Established Member
Good lord, that’s kind of a long wait. Did you plan it that way?

Talleywacker

Established Member
no... I could of used Uship but I didn't want to use a broker instead went to the carrier direct. Paid $1453 for enclosed transport. Turns out my car is the only car on the truck so special delivery outside of the exhaust getting damaged but the driver ensured me that they would take care of me. Looks like I may get a free catback out of the deal but we'll see.

They are actually bringing two trucks tomorrow to unload. They are backing another truck with a lift gate up to the truck my car is on to unload. They don't want to have any additional issues.

With reliable carrier it's based on availability of their trucks. I'm sure I could of set a date for a higher price though.

Talleywacker

Established Member
If you can't Wait....

Why not fly & drive?

Fly in on a Friday & get back home on a Sunday....

For example, Southwest is showing $300 flying from Columbus to San Antonio, leaving 6:10pm & arriving at 9:45pm

Roadtrip- 19 hours & 1,300 miles

one way columbus ohio to san antonio texas - Google Search

I cannot speak for the OP but in my case my car has 11,460 miles and the trip is right at 1,000 miles. I don't plan on putting more than about 600-700 miles so I surely didn't want to add 10% of the cars miles on in 24hrs. Also for me the cobra has 3" drop suspension with 1000lb springs, solid engine mounts and not very road friendly for a long trip. It got transported lol

No.474

Established Member
I cannot speak for the OP but in my case my car has 11,460 miles and the trip is right at 1,000 miles. I don't plan on putting more than about 600-700 miles so I surely didn't want to add 10% of the cars miles on in 24hrs. Also for me the cobra has 3" drop suspension with 1000lb springs, solid engine mounts and not very road friendly for a long trip. It got transported lol

Pretty much the same reasoning. Its a supercharged 2001 Viper GTS with 17k miles, with the cars being known to be pretty much animals and me not being familiarized with it yet and the heat they generate in cab, a 1300 mile drive back doesn't sound like a ton of fun lol. I think I have a shipper lined up though, thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread