Vehicle Title Issue - Advice?

CV355

_
Established Member
I bought my Mach 1 about a year ago. It was not safety operational, so I quickly tore it down for quite a number of repairs/upgrades to make it driveable. I completed a bill of sale with the previous owner and was sent the pink slip.

My question is, now that it is close to running and being road-worthy, will I have trouble with the DMV given that it has been a year? I'm sure they'll want their sales tax to repair roads for foosball games. There was no sense in registering it and paying property tax on a boat anchor.

I would call and ask them directly, but I'm tired of dealing with dishonest idiots in this area.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I bought my Mach 1 about a year ago. It was not safety operational, so I quickly tore it down for quite a number of repairs/upgrades to make it driveable. I completed a bill of sale with the previous owner and was sent the pink slip.

My question is, now that it is close to running and being road-worthy, will I have trouble with the DMV given that it has been a year? I'm sure they'll want their sales tax to repair roads for foosball games. There was no sense in registering it and paying property tax on a boat anchor.

I would call and ask them directly, but I'm tired of dealing with dishonest idiots in this area.
My Mercury Grand Marquis was military shipped to Oman. When I returned the slurpies messed a few letters up on the vin. I brought the shipping documents and the original titles. It took a sit down and looking someine in the eye to get it fixed. I had been transferred up a level of management to get it done. It was an ass pain but I kept calm and they accepted my explanations. It helped when they tried to run the vin on the documents and then ran the ines in the car. Helped muchly.

evil clown assault

CV355

_
Established Member
My Mercury Grand Marquis was military shipped to Oman. When I returned the slurpies messed a few letters up on the vin. I brought the shipping documents and the original titles. It took a sit down and looking someine in the eye to get it fixed. I had been transferred up a level of management to get it done. It was an ass pain but I kept calm and they accepted my explanations. It helped when they tried to run the vin on the documents and then ran the ines in the car. Helped muchly.

evil clown assault

Thankfully in this case it was shipped within the US. I wouldn't think there would be a problem if I walked into the DMV or Tax Office with the BOS and pink slip to pay sales tax, but then again this is SC and it's me. If I so much as set one foot out of my driveway, the long-tongue liars, midnight riders, ramblers, gamblers and back-biters come out to cut me down. ;)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Most likely you'll have to pay back taxes if there is a date on the bill of sale. I did something similar and it was an easy process that didn't cost much ('96 Civics are dirt cheap!!! lol).

Coosawjack

Established Member
Call the SC DMV and they will instruct you.......actually they have improved a LOT over the years and are very friendly and helpful now!!

Users who are viewing this thread