Vehicle Shipping Companies

Dane

Established Member
Hey guys I have am buying a cobra after severals years without one and I would have it shipped from another state. Any suggestions for a good vehicle transport company? Looking forward to owning a cobra again!:beer:

Last edited:

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I can't remember the name of the company they used when I had a cobra shipped from Fort Myers Florida to high point NC but I will share an experience.

I bought from a dealer and shipping was included in the price. I sent the certified check and day after day went by and I finally called the dealer and he informed me that the car is being shipped on a carrier with other cars and won't be shipped until the driver has a full load. also he will deliver to the farthest distance first . long story short it could take up to 30 days after payment to get the car. He did not inform me of this prior to the payment. I told him either to get the car to me in 3-5 days or refund my money and he sent it by private carrier.

Make sure you ask all the right questions. also the car was supposed to be delivered at a set time so I could inspect it before taking possession. Needless to say the driver calls me when I am at work and is wanting to drop the car in my driveway and leave and I said NO!!!.

People don't listen and seem to do what they want.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jf4boogie

Established Member
I posted in your other thread as well. I used FedEx custom critical.

I couldnt have been happier. Customer service was great!! I could call anytime for an update and I even got updates from the driver himself. He couldnt deliver it in my neighborhood because an 18 wheeler would play hell turning around in here...but I met him in the big parking lot a mile down the road.

And they're willing to negotiate on their rates!!

Users who are viewing this thread