Various Cobra Parts

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
My pump!

Cool. Thanks. I can pay you next Thursday.

I am attempting an Eaton-blown Mach1, sleeper style and slowly collecting parts as I find them for cheap... I will also need a mounting bracket for the pump...

A few of the major parts I am missing are:
intercooler, lower intake, heat exchanger bracket, coolant reservoir bracket, tons of hoses, etc, etc, etc... If you have or know anybody who has any of these parts, please let me know...

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
G2Mach1 said:
Cool. Thanks. I can pay you next Thursday.

I am attempting an Eaton-blown Mach1, sleeper style and slowly collecting parts as I find them for cheap... I will also need a mounting bracket for the pump...

A few of the major parts I am missing are:
intercooler, lower intake, heat exchanger bracket, coolant reservoir bracket, tons of hoses, etc, etc, etc... If you have or know anybody who has any of these parts, please let me know...

Are you looking for a 03/04 stock intercooler or an aftermarket one like LFP, Gords, Fluidyne?

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I need the 03/04 stock intercooler which mounts under the Eaton and lower intake. I think it is manufactured by Garret.

marcul29

Established Member
I'm very interested in the strut tower brace what's the lowest you'll go, and I don't really see a difference between the 03 cobra and the 99 cobra. is there really a differnce other than the -6 for the 99 and -7 for 03 cobra. please let me know thanks.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
any word on if the other guy is still interested?
I'm very interested in these and think they will be perfect for my next setup
Yes, he's still interested! :-D

If you need stock 03 Cobra Bilsteins front and rear I have a set for sale. PM me!

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Yes, he's still interested! :-D

If you need stock 03 Cobra Bilsteins front and rear I have a set for sale. PM me!

i have the stock bilsteins on my car right now and am looking for something a little stiffer
guess ill just step up and buy a set of race valved bilsteins or koni yellows this winter

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The other guys can have the Cobra R bilsteins! I'm planning on another project and will need atleast Bilstein Sports from MM.

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
you are aware that the bils sports are almost the same valving as the R??

or at least thats what ive been led to believe
as for the Bilsteins vince i am really starting to like the idea of the race valved ones with some real high spring rates.
What kind of spring rates does maximum recommend for the R shocks, if u dont know ill just email em

still considering these though, so don't take me off the number one spot yet, and you shouldnt have a problem selling these even if i do decide i dont want em

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
as for the Bilsteins vince i am really starting to like the idea of the race valved ones with some real high spring rates.
What kind of spring rates does maximum recommend for the R shocks, if u dont know ill just email em

still considering these though, so don't take me off the number one spot yet, and you shouldnt have a problem selling these even if i do decide i dont want em

I didn’t speak spring rates w/ MM re: the 2000R shocks/struts. :shrug: But I did tell them I was using them and they thought I needed the race valve 3 for the weight of my car and driving conditions (Track Car). :coolman: They said they should be only used on the track (Race Valved 3), although they said it was ok to use them to/from the track as long as it wasn’t a daily driver/pleasure car. :poke: I know Dan (ddl6289)? Is using coilovers with high spring rates and he is still on his OEM shocks/struts. :bowdown: He believes it is ok, even though MM told him not to run that combination. I also know someone else on CC that kind of echoed the same comments. :read:

I more or less went with the 800 front and 750 rear with the 2000R struts/shocks since that is what Ford went with. :-D I figured it was a good starting point, if anything. :read: All was good there except for some oversteer, :rolling: which I corrected w/ the 2000R wing. :idea: I’ve seen a post from Mathis on CC (Oh wait, you were banned from there), :poke: where he says the 800/750 ratio is no good w/o the wing. :read: But then he also said you want front/back within 5% of each other to avoid an oscillation. :rollseyes I know I didn’t have that oscillation until I went 1000/750 and then it kinda sucked. :cuss: Now I am @ 1100/1000 and all seems to be ok. :coolman:

Springs are something I think you should move up in gradually. ;-) That is what I did; Shelby is still on the OEM Cobra springs. :bowdown: Springs will make a bigger change to how your car handles more than most anything else you can do. :D After changing springs I have to be real cautious, :??: sometimes just for a session or two, sometimes the whole weekend. :cryying:

I went the following route:

500 lb/in front ~ 470 lb/in rear (OEM 03/04 Cobra Vert Springs)

600 lb/in front ~ 600 lb/in rear (OEM 03/04 Cobra Coupe Springs)

800 lb/in front ~ 750 lb/in rear (OEM 2000R Springs) + 2000R Bilstein’s (F&R)

At this point w/ 2000R springs/struts/shocks my car was very unpredictable w/ oversteer in some situations. :mj: It felt like I had too much spring in the rear and giving it throttle when the rear end started to slide would aggravate the situation. :burnout: It was like there was so much spring it didn't want to plant (weight transfer) when I gave it gas. :shrug:

Next I went:

800 lb/in front ~ 750 lb/in rear (OEM 2000R Springs) + 2000R Bilstein’s (F&R) + 2000R Wing :bowdown:

1000 lb/in front ~ 750 lb/in rear

1000 lb/in front ~ 750 lb/in rear + FRPP Extended Ball Joints + Cut F&R Springs (MM Tie Rod Ends + Full Bumpsteer) :fm:

At this point it was a nightmare as I went through several sets of front springs after cutting too much. :cuss:

Now my current setup is:

1100 lb/in front ~ 1000 lb/in rear :coolman:

This setup seems to give me track times near equivalent of where I was a year ago. :coolman: So at this point, after going through a spring cutting/wasting money exercise, I think I have everything under control. :idea: I think I have too much spring for a beginner. I also think it is too much for a daily driver, so I only drive to/from the track which is almost all highway miles. :pepper: :banana:

Fast99Snake said:
i have the stock bilsteins on my car right now and am looking for something a little stiffer
guess ill just step up and buy a set of race valved bilsteins or koni yellows this winter

I am also tempted to by adjustable’s; however, there is a learning curve with them. :eek: Also they may have to be set differently for different conditions. MM told me that the Bilsteins’s are far easier to work with. I read a book (Drive to Win)? Where the author said they got so fugged up running adjustable’s that they would have to swap them out for Bilstein’s just to see where they were. :read: He indicated they had to do this more than once. So if a professional race team has problems w/ adjustable’s, how do you think you and I will fare? :poke: Considering I have almost an unlimited T/T @ Autobahn, adjustable’s may be ideal for me. But if you are going to do what I did my first year, that is, go to HPDE events @ Blackhawk, Gingerman, Autobahn So., Autobahn No., Putnam Park, or even Road America, Mid Ohio, etc., maybe the last thing you want to do is fugg around w/ adjustable's when you are new to HPDE. :poke: I think your money is better spent on track time, track time, track time and more track time. Then perhaps go get some safety gear, i.e., rollbar, harness, brakes, etc. :idea:

Damn, I hijacked my own for sale thread. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ddl6289

Established Member
New Hijack

Mr. Mysti said:
I know Dan (ddl6289)? Is using coilovers with high spring rates and he is still on his OEM shocks/struts. :bowdown: He believes it is ok, even though MM told him not to run that combination. I also know someone else on CC that kind of echoed the same comments. :read:

Damn, I hijacked my own for sale thread. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Vince,

Now its my turn to hijack your for sale thread.

I recently switched over to the MM3-valved Bilsteins (both front and rear). I'm running 500 lb front and 700 lb rear coilovers. The car feels noticably better on the track with this combo. Previously I was running 03 cobra bilsteins w/ 500 lb coilovers on the front and 00R bilsteins w/ 650 coilovers on the rear. I've also gone with a smaller front sway bar (1-inch). Instead of understeer I'm might have a touch of oversteer now. I would like run 315/35/17 tries in the rear to tame the oversteer.

BTW the above-mentioned MM3 Bilsteins feel great on the street. Very compliant.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread