van's tanks + powder coat + plastidip = 1 sweet engine bay!

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
picked up a set of van's reservoir tanks in black.
picked up an aluminum brake reservoir cover and powder coated it black.
plastidipped the windshield washer cover and the gawdy red boot for the battery.

engine bay looks beautiful!!

thanks again to van for the quick turn around! real stand up guy!

IMG_1832.gif

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

jream

Established Member
yea that plastidip is worth its weight in gold! i didn't know if it would work on that battery cover... figured wtf give it a shot, worst case i peel it off if it looks like crap! stuck right to the rubber boot and is flexible. wouldn't even know it used to be that gawdy red if you never saw it that way! looks stock!

jream

Established Member
that mod bug sucks... gotta scratch that itch!!! well after waiting for a month with that debacle from stainless works exhaust... finally got it road worthy. so time to start getting busy on it! everyone meeting up this weekend and the bonfire joint?

jream

Established Member
just a tip on what i did...
the cover is attached to the wires. at the bottom of it there is a small amount of material that goes around both wires and that keeps it attached to the wires. you'll have to stretch it and pull on it quite a bit to get it to go over the leads on the end of the wire. i didn't know if it would hold up to being pulled and stretched and the plastidip hold up without splitting or tearing. so i just used a razor and cut a slit in the part that wraps around the wires to allow it to come off without having to pull the leads and stretching it over them. its only about 1/4" of material and you don't see it or it really doesn't effect anything. lot easier than pulling the leads and stretching the hell outta it.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
Yep, this sunday at 5pm at bonfires. I won't make it as I will be out of town but I'm sure you will have fun there.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I admit..I went Plasti Dip crazy this weekend on my Shelby. LOL!

I love that stuff now!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Plasti dip is awesome stuff....while many say its cheap. Its the easiest way to change a look without it being permanent. Gotta pick some more up for a few things I want to do, especially my stock wheels.....:burnout:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
I actually temporarily, for like two days, plastidipped my front bumper between the upper and lower grill to make it resemble an AC Cobra grill. Looked decent from straight on. From an angle itlooked odd bc our bumpers stick out so far. If I could figure out how to post pics, I would lol.

Note: I did see some slight residue on my paint after I peeled off the plastidip. It was a slight haze in the shine. I had to use some heavy cut wax to get rid of it. I'm anal about paint so maybe some wouldn't notice it but I did. I know they claim it doesn't leave any residue. My paint was about 6mos old at the time (if that matters). I'll use it again, I guess I'm just saying to test it first if appying it to nicely painted areas. It was also somewhat rubbery to the touch and seemed like it would almost attract dust. It's not as smooth to the touch as vinyl wraps.

Regardless, Im going to plastidip the panel between the taillights and see how it looks.

I

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread