Van helping my sickness

buck24

Established Member
I wanted to thank Van for all his help, in the last few weeks I decided that I needed to make a change with my car. Slocum, seeing your build didn't help either :). Like most on the board I have the mod sickness, I can't ever leave my car alone so I came up with a goal and sticking with it.....I hope, lol.

I decided I have had enough of worrying about nonsense on the street and that getting to the track was going to be it. I sent back some of my BMR suspension bits that I bought from Van and went with the Griggs SS kit with the Watts link, SS brake lines, full tilt boogie rotors. I have BMR A-arms going in up front with it, along with bigger oil pan.

Now the waiting begins, but because I am really messed up, I called Van yesterday and thought when the K member is out to have my headers installed I should have the Kenne Bell 2.8LC installed too, LOL, no biggie right? So now I am collecting parts and getting jacked up for the transformation. I am really looking forward to getting out to the track for some events. Van has made getting this done so easy it's not right, I have always gotten my parts from him and it seems like the more I work with him the better his service becomes, I don't know how that is possible but kudos to him at Revan Racing.

buck24

Established Member
LOL

I am having Don Rositch aka mustang Don down in Richmond install everything, but appreciate the offer, I met Nate a few weeks ago and he offered both of your guys services, at that time I had no idea what I was going to do, after spending this money I am definitely heading to the track, lol.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Haha cool, glad Nate would offer my services and his photography skills. He's very thoughtful.

Can't wait to see the finished product

BLK96NAPWER

Established Member
I wanted to thank Van for all his help, in the last few weeks I decided that I needed to make a change with my car. Slocum, seeing your build didn't help either :). Like most on the board I have the mod sickness, I can't ever leave my car alone so I came up with a goal and sticking with it.....I hope, lol.

I decided I have had enough of worrying about nonsense on the street and that getting to the track was going to be it. I sent back some of my BMR suspension bits that I bought from Van and went with the Griggs SS kit with the Watts link, SS brake lines, full tilt boogie rotors. I have BMR A-arms going in up front with it, along with bigger oil pan.

Now the waiting begins, but because I am really messed up, I called Van yesterday and thought when the K member is out to have my headers installed I should have the Kenne Bell 2.8LC installed too, LOL, no biggie right? So now I am collecting parts and getting jacked up for the transformation. I am really looking forward to getting out to the track for some events. Van has made getting this done so easy it's not right, I have always gotten my parts from him and it seems like the more I work with him the better his service becomes, I don't know how that is possible but kudos to him at Revan Racing.

I feel your pain with Van. I have that same disease, and it takes all of my patients to hold back my addiction. Looks like a great parts list and you are going to have well behaved beast when done! Congrats and enjoy! Looking forward to your thoughts on the suspension with all that power when done.

Les

buck24

Established Member
I feel your pain with Van. I have that same disease, and it takes all of my patients to hold back my addiction. Looks like a great parts list and you are going to have well behaved beast when done! Congrats and enjoy! Looking forward to your thoughts on the suspension with all that power when done.

Les

I'll let you know, my biggest gripe with the car was the suspension and lack of traction, I didn't want to run a drag radial, been there done that, after talking with Van and him being able to hook relatively well with 770rwhp I feel pretty good that mine at 650 should be fun on the street and track.

Van@RevanRacing

Buck is going to have a sick 2011 GT500. Clear the schedule for Daytona first or second weekend of December. 3 Days on the High Banks will satisfy the "need for speed"

I love builds like this. Kenne Bell power and Griggs Chassis...........any questions?? Git sum!!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Sounds like a solid plan Kyle. Last I talked to you I was under the impression you were taking the car to South Florida and having Van do all the work. Either way it will be a nice jump from stock.

buck24

Established Member
Sounds like a solid plan Kyle. Last I talked to you I was under the impression you were taking the car to South Florida and having Van do all the work. Either way it will be a nice jump from stock.

Lol it sounded like a good idea until I thought about riding in the car for 14 hours, especially the ride back. I spoke with Van, I'll be in good hands with Don.

buck24

Established Member
Buck is going to have a sick 2011 GT500. Clear the schedule for Daytona first or second weekend of December. 3 Days on the High Banks will satisfy the "need for speed"

I love builds like this. Kenne Bell power and Griggs Chassis...........any questions?? Git sum!!

If its not snowing up here and I can get the car down, sign my ass up, lolol.

Who is Don working for now? Excellent guy to deal with.

Don opened his own shop not too long ago, looking forward to working with him.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member

Sure, blame it all on me :)

And yes- Van is very easy to deal with- on his good days :)

Your car will be fantastic. I'm happy for you :)

buck24

Established Member
What is the name of the shop?

Mustang Don's Garage

Sure, blame it all on me :)

And yes- Van is very easy to deal with- on his good days :)

Your car will be fantastic. I'm happy for you :)

Appreciate it, the motto I have had with Van on this purchase is do it right once, I have be doing this and that in the past and in the end it has cost me more money than just gettin er done once the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread